The Student Room Group

Do all Unis start late September?

All the universities I've applied to start in late September so I was going to sign up to work until the end of the first week of September but I was concerned that if I don't get my grades and have to get a Uni place through clearing I may have to go to a Uni that starts sooner. Are there any Universities in Britain with starting dates in early September (or earlier if even that's so)?
Reply 1
I've not heard of any that do, one of my friends doesn't start until October.
Some Scottish universities do - Abertay, Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret, St. Andrews, Stirling and Edinburgh start on the 10th, Dundee's 'Welcome Week' starts on the 3rd. Strathclyde, Aberdeen, Robert Gordon, Herriot Watt and the University of the West of Scotland start later on though.
My friend starts on the first of September I think. She's away to Dundee. Like HeatherHatter says, a lot of Scottish universities start earlier, but not all of them. :smile: Most of my friends are starting before me, and I live in Scotland, although I think my friends going to Aberdeen have the same start date as I do (I'm going to UEA though, don't start til the 24th). If you don't plan on studying in Scotland I doubt there'll be much of a problem. :biggrin:
Reply 4
On my UCAS Track it says Aston doesn't start until 1st October! And courses may even start later than that
Reply 5
Think it depends on the course. All my unis start sorta mid sept, but you get people who start as late as mid october.
York starts on the 7th october for freshers week
Of my 5 choices:
1 started 14th September
1 started 24th September
3 started 1st October
Reply 8
OK, so it seems it's just Scottish Universities. Thanks for the headsup various people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending