The Student Room Group

Access students? :)

Just curious to see if there's any Access students lurking on the forum. :]

If so then what are you studying? What year are you in? How are your marks? How old are you? Where do you study? What do you hope to do at university?

I'm 21 and from Belfast, studying Social Sciences. Just completed my first year and hope to study either Law or Psychology. Results are yet to come but I'm expecting to remain around 83%.

Don't be shy! :smile:
Hi and welcome,

There is an "introduce your self" thread.

There are also threads for those doing Access for each year of entry.

The 2010 folks are now at Uni and hence post about what is going on now.
The 2011 thread contains those who are just completing Access and are due to start Uni in September.
The 2012 thread contains thos who have applied to do Access and expect to start Access in September and go to Uni in Sept ember 2013.
There is also a what are we studying and where are we going thread.
Reply 2
Original post by evening sunrise
Hi and welcome,

There is an "introduce your self" thread.

There are also threads for those doing Access for each year of entry.

The 2010 folks are now at Uni and hence post about what is going on now.
The 2011 thread contains those who are just completing Access and are due to start Uni in September.
The 2012 thread contains thos who have applied to do Access and expect to start Access in September and go to Uni in Sept ember 2013.
There is also a what are we studying and where are we going thread.

Oh, I feel like a right clown! lol. I'm new to the forum and had no idea what I was looking for was right under my nose! :hmpf:

Thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 3
Original post by Geee Geee
Oh, I feel like a right clown! lol. I'm new to the forum and had no idea what I was looking for was right under my nose! :hmpf:

Thanks!

sunrise comes over harsh, does he not? i should just ignore him, were i u - tis easy to forget that to newcomers the board can be daunting and pertinent threads are not as obvious as they may be to the more reg visitor.

pls don't feel the clown tho and welcome...to ansa u, since u have done a thread, why waste it eh?

i'm just finished with the Access to Social Work - it was a 9mths programme and i have just given birth to an overall Distinction - the birthing was painful tho i found the study easy, painful tho cos in the main i was in a group full of rather interesting ppl.
i'm going on to do the degree in social work as well, so a course completed successfully thank god.

hope that ansas u loool
Original post by ashtoreth
sunrise comes over harsh, does he not? i should just ignore him, were i u - tis easy to forget that to newcomers the board can be daunting and pertinent threads are not as obvious as they may be to the more reg visitor.

pls don't feel the clown tho and welcome...to ansa u, since u have done a thread, why waste it eh?

i'm just finished with the Access to Social Work - it was a 9mths programme and i have just given birth to an overall Distinction - the birthing was painful tho i found the study easy, painful tho cos in the main i was in a group full of rather interesting ppl.
i'm going on to do the degree in social work as well, so a course completed successfully thank god.

hope that ansas u loool

Not at all. There had been no responses after several hours which can make the forums seem unfriendly to a newbie, hence after welcoming the individual I provided pointers to threads where they might get a better response and find people to engage with in a matter of fact and non green thumb seeking way.

How that can be deemed harsh is beyond me.

If so then what are you studying? What year are you in? How are your marks? How old are you? Where do you study? What do you hope to do at university?

I'm 21 and from Belfast, studying Social Sciences. Just completed my first year and hope to study either Law or Psychology. Results are yet to come but I'm expecting to remain around 83%.

Hi :smile:!

I'm Laura 21, doing an access in humanities at Belfast met. Im assuming you're there too? I'm waiting on my results as well and I'm very much freaking out!!!!

Coursework wise i'm okay prob overall about 80% but exams are a different matter :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by HideFromTheGuns
Hi :smile:!

I'm Laura 21, doing an access in humanities at Belfast met. Im assuming you're there too? I'm waiting on my results as well and I'm very much freaking out!!!!

Coursework wise i'm okay prob overall about 80% but exams are a different matter :frown:

Finally, someone local! Northern Irish people seem to be in short supply on this forum lol.

Nope! I was tempted to go to Belfast Met but the NRC Newtownabbey campus is right on my doorstep so I opted to go there.

I'll take exams > coursework any day! Whenever I get coursework I procrastinate for weeks which leads to rushed work lol.

I got my results a few days ago! Got away with an 80.25% average, however one of my pieces of coursework was capped because it was late! (due to my infamous procrastination! and mixing up my Mondays! :frown:) so that was heartbreaking, but hey! I think I did well. Can't wait for September!

What are you hoping to apply for and where?
Finally, someone local! Northern Irish people seem to be in short supply on this forum lol.

Nope! I was tempted to go to Belfast Met but the NRC Newtownabbey campus is right on my doorstep so I opted to go there.

I'll take exams > coursework any day! Whenever I get coursework I procrastinate for weeks which leads to rushed work lol.

I got my results a few days ago! Got away with an 80.25% average, however one of my pieces of coursework was capped because it was late! (due to my infamous procrastination! and mixing up my Mondays! :frown:) so that was heartbreaking, but hey! I think I did well. Can't wait for September!

What are you hoping to apply for and where?

Oh cool :smile: 80.25% is brill!! I did a fast-track (all in one year) I've applied to Queen for criminology (firm) and sociology (insurance). I need 70% for crim and 65% for sociology. I think I find out next week and I'm seriously a big bag of nerves lol. Where are you applying? Seriously well done!!! :biggrin:

Its nice to know that you expect high scores
Nice to know that students are expecting high scores. The secret behind this comes from the tackle that one undertakes in enhancing his or her achievements.Waoh.
Reply 10
Original post by HideFromTheGuns
Oh cool :smile: 80.25% is brill!! I did a fast-track (all in one year) I've applied to Queen for criminology (firm) and sociology (insurance). I need 70% for crim and 65% for sociology. I think I find out next week and I'm seriously a big bag of nerves lol. Where are you applying? Seriously well done!!! :biggrin:

Oh, nice! Criminology at Queens has the year abroad in Spain/Sweden, right? Sounds awesome!

I'm undecided on what to apply for lol. I'll apply for Finance, Law and maybe Psychology at Queens. Accounting & Law at UU.

It's so stressful making these decisions and tbh I'm relying on the open days to make my mind up for me! :frown:

Surely you should be fine if your coursework is in the 80% range! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending