The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History "Life in Germany c1919–c1945" 20th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jack_Smith
Same! what did u write for that question? i basically wrote because of the weaknesses in the constitution and about Hindenbur, Von Schleicher and Von Papen...hated that it was an 8 marker :frown:

To be completely honest I cant even remember LOL. Something like Hindenburg asked Hitler to become Chancellor and he uses the SA to intimidate members of the Reichstag to vote their power away (Enabling Act) which means there is now no need of a Reichstag. Then I said something about the Trade unions being banned as a result of this, lalalalalalala... and eventually totaltarian dicatatorship. Mentioned the weaknesses of the constitution briefly, but completely forgot about Von Papen & Von Schleicher. If any question I fall on the most marks, it'd probably be that one. How else did you find the paper? xxx
Reply 41
Original post by Bonoahx
I did the Enabling Act, something about Nazi education and the ones about hyperinflation (I don't normally remember things like that). It went all fine except I stretched my neck and an invigilator told me off because I wasn't looking to the front, which was pretty embarrassing. But the exam itself was fine until I almost ran out of time, but I hope I got most of it OK.

Oh dear. How did it go generally? xxx
Reply 42
Original post by Bonoahx
I had the same problem. I only had about fifteen minutes left at one point, so I sort of scrapped 6(a) and tried to do as much as I could for 6(b). I ended up doing what my Mum calls "brain-dumping", writing as many points as I could about the topic and attempting to link to it. I've almost definitely not got a good mark for that, though, as I only vaguely covered the other side of the argument. I wrote stuff about the Rentenmark, what effect it had for the public and how people were beginning to lose confidence in the Weimar Republic.

But oh well, I'll probably never know what I got in a particular question so I'll just cross my fingers, wait for the 23rd August and see what happened. I think it's only 25% of the GCSE so if I did badly it isn't the end of the world. I was ill when our school did the mock so I have no idea what I'm capable of really...

Question 6A was beautiful. The Stresemann question saved a LOT of people, but they did throw in Hyperinflation to throw you. So you had to talk about the currency reform as it said 1924-29, and hyperinflation was in 1923.
Reply 43
Original post by NoraHTunis
Well you were right about Hitlers rise to power, but unfortunately the night of the long knives definitely did NOT come up :frown:

I was right about everything :P
Night of Long Knvies came up in one of those 'choose one event and explain why it helped increased Hitlers power'

And there was Night of Long Knives and Kristallnacht (Night of Broken Glass)
Reply 44
The exam was okay.
I forgot which questions I did....I did Hyperinflation, definetely not the Education one.

I dumped in everything I knew. I feel I could've done better when I realised I missed some good dates + years out. I had like 72 dats to remember for the exam. Only successfull in remembering in 40+ of them.

So I feel I did okay, last question could've been better as I NEARLY ran out of time :L
Timing was never a problem for me, but when it does happen (History and Geography for me) it is realy bad.

I'm doign History AQA next year at KES Stratford. It would be based on Vietnam and Tudor for AS. Defientely looking forward to the struggle in Vietnam and why US went to war to contain communism.

Goodluck all and keep me updated by inboxing :smile:) xxx
Reply 45
Original post by shmuxel
Loool, hope the german went well for you :smile:

I'm not actually doing this exam - I'm doing Edexcel A Unit 2: Germany 1918-39, so can't help you there! I'm sure you'll do well though

Hi- I know it's been a while since u did this exam but do u remember any topics which came up? :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by AnbarH
Hi- I know it's been a while since u did this exam but do u remember any topics which came up? :smile:
I vaguely remember something to do with hyperinflation, the depression kristalnacht was basically the first question, can't remember much more, the much beer hall putsch and something to do with education or treatment of jews.
Reply 47
Original post by Robbie242
I vaguely remember something to do with hyperinflation, the depression kristalnacht was basically the first question, can't remember much more, the much beer hall putsch and something to do with education or treatment of jews.

Thanks a lot!!! What about the 16 mark at the end?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by AnbarH
Thanks a lot!!! What about the 16 mark at the end?
Munich bear hall putsch I believe, or hyper inflation one of these was a and another was b choice
Reply 49
Original post by Robbie242
Munich bear hall putsch I believe, or hyper inflation one of these was a and another was b choice

Thanks again! Sorry to keep bugging u but is there definitely nothing else u can remember?
Reply 50
Original post by AnbarH
Thanks again! Sorry to keep bugging u but is there definitely nothing else u can remember?
Nope sorry, pretty sure you'll be able to find a past paper with all the appropriate questions soon or now dunno.

Quick Reply