The Student Room Group

BA Law vs LLB Law

how significantly harder is LLB to BA ??

Asking this question for a friend
Reply 1
Anyone?
I wasn't aware it was - I do the BA Hons at Cambridge and am somewhat surprised to learn my degree is easier than everyone else's :s Having googled the matter, there isn't much of a difference - BA is geared more towards academia than practice but that's it and both are qualifying law degrees.
Reply 3
Original post by gethsemane342
I wasn't aware it was - I do the BA Hons at Cambridge and am somewhat surprised to learn my degree is easier than everyone else's :s Having googled the matter, there isn't much of a difference - BA is geared more towards academia than practice but that's it and both are qualifying law degrees.

The difference between a BA and an LLB depends entirely on the University. In Oxford and Cambridge all undergraduate degrees are BA.

Elsewhere a BA in law is sometimes a non-qualifying law degree, in contrast to an LLB. But this isn't a hard and fast rule. And even where this distinction does exist, it is often just a case of which modules a student has chosen. It isn't obvious that a student who, say, takes jurisprudence instead of EU law has done an "easier" degree - or that the converse is "harder".
Original post by mja
The difference between a BA and an LLB depends entirely on the University. In Oxford and Cambridge all undergraduate degrees are BA.

Elsewhere a BA in law is sometimes a non-qualifying law degree, in contrast to an LLB. But this isn't a hard and fast rule. And even where this distinction does exist, it is often just a case of which modules a student has chosen. It isn't obvious that a student who, say, takes jurisprudence instead of EU law has done an "easier" degree - or that the converse is "harder".

Fair enough. My info was taken from Yahoo answers so not exactly the best research I've ever done ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending