The Student Room Group

Nursing/midwifery advice needed...heeelp

Hi all I was studying for a diploma in Adult Nursing recently but due to many circumstances could not complete the course (long story) I have appealed and lost so there is no chance of me returning :frown:. I did however get awarded an undergraduate certificate from the university, 120 level 1 credits. Just need some advice really on where can I go from here. Other than this qualification I have ten GCSEs grades C's and above in all the important ones (English, Maths etc) I really would like to study Midwifery do you think I would be able to get on a Midwifery course with the undergraduate certificate and GCSEs alone?? Any advice on this or any other options you can suggest would be greatly appreciated:smile: thanks for reading :smile:
Reply 1
If I were in your position I would call up the admissions office for the university/s you are interested in and ask them. They will be able to give you the answers needed and tell you what you are best off doing.

Good Luck!
Nikki

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Hi, dont want to put a downer on things but midwifery is extremely competetive to get on to due to the high number of applicants and the very low number of places. Maybe you should try doing adult nursing and then the 18 month midwifery course on top. You will gain more experience and it will also prepare you!
By not being able to go back; do you mean you cannot go back to that institution or that you have been blacklisted from the course by the NMC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending