The Student Room Group

Just wondering

My insurance offer is AAB. I took further maths AS and I completely failed one of my exams so I'm likely to get like a D in further maths AS but an A/B in the actual maths A level. Will that look weird? I mean they would have to let me in if I get an A/B in maths a level anyway even though I got a D in further AS?
Reply 1
If you make your grades for the offer with three subjects then yes they will take you. The offer is AAB at A2 in whichever subjects they asked for. They may even take you with less depending on how full the course is. I doubt they will even look at the AS further Maths result.
Are you not likely to meet your firm choice then?
Further Maths is very difficult so don't worry.
Reply 2
As long as you match your offer they're bound to take you.
Original post by MeatyBeast
My insurance offer is AAB. I took further maths AS and I completely failed one of my exams so I'm likely to get like a D in further maths AS but an A/B in the actual maths A level. Will that look weird? I mean they would have to let me in if I get an A/B in maths a level anyway even though I got a D in further AS?

Does your further maths AS factor into the offer at all, or is it just AAB? If the former, we need to know what they're asking before knowing if you'll still get in. If the latter, it doesn't matter how odd it looks - they didn't include it in the offer, so providing you do meet the grades they asked for you're still in.

However, if you miss, they may consider your AS grade.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending