The Student Room Group

an item to represent personality

I have an interview in two days and they want me to take an item which represents my personality. any ideas would be appreciated.

I am girly, in to education and I work hard to get what I want.

Scroll to see replies

Take a teddy bear that has glasses on it.

The teddy represent reliability. The glasses represent an outlook to the future. The hat represents a hard working person that'll work hard until they complete their job. The advantage is that you can give them the teddy and it'll remind them of you all the time. Instant job.

:cool:
I would take a die to represent the fact that I don't leave things to chance. If I want something, I expect to work hard for it.
Reply 3
I would take nothing and tell them it's a stupid thing to ask for. I probably wouldn't get the job.
Reply 4
How about a bra? They are alluring and feminine, and represent your more girly characteristics. They also work hard to support your bosom- just as you, as a dilligent person, will work hard to support the bosom of the organisation for which you are being interviewed.
Reply 5
Original post by FelixFelicis
I would take a die to represent the fact that I don't leave things to chance. If I want something, I expect to work hard for it.

Umm wouldn't a die be more symbolic of gambling and risk-taking?
Reply 6
Original post by Blutooth

or even the fact you're 6 faced!

or spotty!

or people easily throw you around
Original post by Blutooth

Yeah, probably. But sometimes you just have to put a spin on things.
Reply 8
Original post by FelixFelicis
Yeah, probably. But sometimes you just have to put a spin on things.

In that case surely you'd want to bring a yoyo instead :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
A bottle of Loreal.

Because you're worth it.
An ipod/mp3 player to represent the songs you can relate to
Reply 11
A dildo.
I may be fake, but I'm flexible and make people happy.
Reply 12
Marmite.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
Take something simple and make a very effective explanation about it. They will be very confused when you bring a pencil and will be much more surprised when you will give astonishing explanation about it.
Reply 14
Original post by soempty
Take something simple and make a very effective explanation about it. They will be very confused when you bring a pencil and will be much more surprised when you will give astonishing explanation about it.

Your post reminded me of this.
[video="youtube;R5Gppi-O3a8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Gppi-O3a8[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
A Rubik's cube. It suggests you are up for a challenge, you're good at problem-solving and your patient. :smile: It also shows you're a popular, engaging person with a vibrant colourful personality. :h:
They're mainly after a coherent and articulate explanation - the object itself isn't all that important.

I took along a medal from a recent 10k race once to show that I can work hard for a goal, push myself etc. and that worked for me.

At the same interview people also brought along a paintbrush (because she was a blank canvas) and playdough (because he could mould to any shape). Both of these people still got hired.
Reply 17
Original post by james22
A bottle of Loreal.

Because you're worth it.

hahahahahahahaha
I would hire you

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
A knife. You are sharp as anything and can be useful if treated well, but you don't take any **** and aren't to be ****ed with. If the interviewer doesn't buy that just threaten him with your knife
I have to do a similar thing, but take an object they represents me as a learner, for an interview at a university, and I don't know what to take

any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending