The Student Room Group

Maths A level

Hi,

I will be taking Maths a level next year, starting off with AS, and I was wondering how big is the jump between GCSE Maths and A level Maths. Is it much, much harder?

Cheers.
Nah, AS really just leads on from GCSE. AS to A2 is a bit more of a jump, but it's certainly manageable if you got to grips with the AS.
Reply 2
Original post by Brit_Miller
Nah, AS really just leads on from GCSE. AS to A2 is a bit more of a jump, but it's certainly manageable if you got to grips with the AS.

I don't know why i didn't noticed the jump between AS and A2.

I felt that AS was harder for me than A2, may be because AS was the start, i wasn't experienced in self-studying.
Original post by raheem94

I felt that AS was harder for me than A2, may be because AS was the start, i wasn't experienced in self-studying.

Well I didn't do A-Levels, but I looked at the material and it seemed a lot of people struggled with trig in C3. I did do AS though and found C1-2 pretty straight-forward.
Original post by raheem94

I'm taking Maths and Further Maths and so I have experience of both AS as well as A2 content straight from GCSE, and I would say that I've found GCSE to AS to be quite an easy transition in terms of difficulty. Whereas, A2 content was a little more challenging for me at first until I started taking it more seriously and spending my own time on it self-studying.
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies guys!
Reply 6
I took maths A level, and would recommend however hard AS may seem not to panic because if you work really hard it does all come together at the end of the first year. The best thing you can do in my opinion is get a good revision book.
Original post by Beccy21
I took maths A level, and would recommend however hard AS may seem not to panic because if you work really hard it does all come together at the end of the first year. The best thing you can do in my opinion is get a good revision book.

examsolutions.co.uk is a phenominal and free alternative to a revision guide, although it probably no use to you now!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest