The Student Room Group

The Argentinians' claim to the Falklands

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Snagprophet
That's ridiculous and hypocritical of them. They were planted in Argentina by Spain, by their logic should have no right to democracy.

You make the mistake of assuming logic has any place in the argument.
Original post by abc:)
I was just wondering - without anyone using this to argue the case for Great Britain, because that isn't what I'm asking about - can anyone explain to me what the Argentinians' claim to the Falklands is, from their point of view anyway?

Spain had a tenuous claim on the Falklands - they occupied it for a little while but not for very long and many centuries ago now - and Argentina declared independence from Spain, so they believe it is part of their rightful territory via the Spanish claim.
Reply 22
In my book - if a nation state goes and invades another without provocation - it's one of those things. Happens a lot.

But if subsequent to that, there is a war over the invasion, and you get your clock cleaned by the other side - the only thing to do is take your medicine, shut up and go away. But no - Argentina, the bitch of the world has spent the last 30 years whining and crying about sovereignty. It's an embarrassment.
Original post by Drewski
You make the mistake of assuming logic has any place in the argument.

Oh this was all hypothetical.
Reply 24
Original post by Snagprophet
That's ridiculous and hypocritical of them. They were planted in Argentina by Spain, by their logic should have no right to democracy.

Yes. However, try explaining that to CFK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending