The Student Room Group

Computer Science

Hello,

Could someone suggest me a master course which includes Java and C#?

Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
University of Edinburgh MSc computer science has a module: introduction to java programming, which is in depth course. I doubt that any MSc course offers a commercial language such as C#
Reply 2
There will be very few that offer that combination - as they are (conceptually) rather similar to each other, and there's not much added value from teaching both separately.

Why is this particularly appealing to you? There may be some better way of achieving what you want to achieve!

George
Reply 3
Don't study computer science if you just want to learn how to program.
Reply 4
Thank you for your answers.

I have received offers from
University of Glasgow Msc Software Engineering
University of Leicester Msc Software Engineering
University of Kent Msc Advanced Software Development

I would like to do a master that has courses for web technologies and an O-O programming language. I don't know if this is applicable. But now I am thinking for an Advance Computer Science master with optional modules.
Reply 5
Original post by ZackGR
Thank you for your answers.

I have received offers from
University of Glasgow Msc Software Engineering
University of Leicester Msc Software Engineering
University of Kent Msc Advanced Software Development

I would like to do a master that has courses for web technologies and an O-O programming language. I don't know if this is applicable. But now I am thinking for an Advance Computer Science master with optional modules.

Advance computer science offering web technologies? I have looked at KCL's advanced compute science & it's all about algorithms (perfect for nasa, google etc, & ATQ jobs). I guess there are some courses such as msc in web engineering offered by different universities, & btw if you are interested in web tech then take a course mainly focused on databases.
Someone said on this thread that don't go for msc if you want to learn just programming, I completely agree with that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
Original post by math1234
Advance computer science offering web technologies? I have looked at KCL's advanced compute science & it's all about algorithms (perfect for nasa, google etc, & ATQ jobs). I guess there are some courses such as msc in web engineering offered by different universities, & btw if you are interested in web tech then take a course mainly focused on databases.
Someone said on this thread that don't go for msc if you want to learn just programming, I completely agree with that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I agree with, as well. However my first degree was in Information Technology, but I have not dealt with it last 2 years. So, I want to choose a master that will be a revision of my first degree, specifically the modules that I like, and maybe something more professional. :frown: I am totally confused. I don't believe that software engineering is the preferable master to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending