The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Chemistry F324, what will the grade boundaries be?

I need an E on this paper to get my target grade. How many raw marks will be required to get to get an E on this paper.
Reply 1
approx 10
Reply 2
lol at above post. That will get you a U

33/60 ish (Raw marks)

In january 2012 it was 33, so it'll be around the same.
Out of interest, what is your target grade?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by 079
lol at above post. That will get you a U

33/60 ish (Raw marks)

In january 2012 it was 33, so it'll be around the same.
Out of interest, what is your target grade?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

my target is a C. but DAMN!!! 33/60 for an E. i heard people say that this exam was harder than january one so an E wont be above 30. Did you do this exam or are making an educated guess? I dont think i got 30 marks in that exam because I made some stupid mistakes and missed out a page accidently.
Reply 4
Original post by windo
my target is a C. but DAMN!!! 33/60 for an E. i heard people say that this exam was harder than january one so an E wont be above 30. Did you do this exam or are making an educated guess? I dont think i got 30 marks in that exam because I made some stupid mistakes and missed out a page accidently.

ok so january 2011 was 27, june 2011 was 25, jan 2012 was 33.

So if youre saying it was harder than jan I would guess around 28-29

It is only an educated guess, no one knows for sure. But it usually fits the pattern.
Reply 5
People think it was harder? Only 2 people out of my class passed Jan, and we all thought the resit was better..
Reply 6
Original post by shruikalta
People think it was harder? Only 2 people out of my class passed Jan, and we all thought the resit was better..

Well that may have been because you lot got to resit it. For first timers that was really quite challenging.
Reply 7
i thought this paper was soooo hard and i resat it ! I actually think i got a u the only question i could properly do was the very last one.
Reply 8
Original post by myyrh
Well that may have been because you lot got to resit it. For first timers that was really quite challenging.

What do you think the raw mark will be required to get an E in this paper?
Reply 9
Original post by windo
What do you think the raw mark will be required to get an E in this paper?

28-30 as a wild guess.
Reply 10
Original post by myyrh
28-30 as a wild guess.

do you think i will be definitely under 30?
Reply 11
Original post by windo
do you think i will be definitely under 30?

I honestly can't say. I've been shocked by grade boundaries before so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Reply 12
Original post by myyrh

You did EEE ahead of RPA? :confused:
Reply 13
Original post by shruikalta
You did EEE ahead of RPA? :confused:

Nope did them both in June for the first time. It's not uncommon though for some schools to make their students sit EEE first.
Reply 14
Original post by myyrh
Nope did them both in June for the first time. It's not uncommon though for some schools to make their students sit EEE first.

I get the logicof sitting the bigger exam first to allow for resits, but I always thought RPA was the worst of the four exams. :frown:
Reply 15
has anyone got this paper the f324 june 2012 ocr ??
Reply 16
Original post by liltj123
has anyone got this paper the f324 june 2012 ocr ??

hey, have you manage to find the june 2012 paper yet?

Quick Reply

Latest