The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Really, Kaneboy? I (21) have been turned down by the likes of McDonalds and KFC simply because the other applicants were at the ages of 16-17. Simply put, they'd save money employing them on the minimum wage instead of me where they'd have to pay £6+ per hour.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Why dont you try retailer shop or a restaurant.
Reply 42
Original post by vuii2012
Why dont you try retailer shop or a restaurant.

This.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 43
It is hard to find a jobs now a day but dont give up. Just keep looking, also it is important to have a big networking with other people cause it does help sometime.
Reply 44
This probably sounds daft, but when you do walk in to a store, who do you ask about job vacancies? Do you just walk up to the counter where people are trying to pay for their items and ask? I know at Tesco they usually have a customer services counter, so I'm presuming you ask there in that case.

Thanks.
Reply 45
get big in the youtube game.
Reply 46
Original post by TheMan100
This probably sounds daft, but when you do walk in to a store, who do you ask about job vacancies? Do you just walk up to the counter where people are trying to pay for their items and ask? I know at Tesco they usually have a customer services counter, so I'm presuming you ask there in that case.

Thanks.

Online will be your best shot. Search Tesco jobs, I believe the majority of big name retailers now require the first step of application to a job via their website.

Reply 47
u can look for tution providing jobs, marketing of products, and salesmanship etc.
Have you tried doing odd jobs on fiverr? www.fiverr.com
Original post by Afradeetee
Have you tried doing odd jobs on fiverr? www.fiverr.com

Last summer I made around $50 on fiverr, however there is way too much competition, and the website is over-saturated now.
I thinks. Make money for internet. This tool very powerful. You should learn about web, emailmarketing, blogger and start.
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Last summer I made around $50 on fiverr, however there is way too much competition, and the website is over-saturated now.

Well, you could try this, I just posted this in the make money online, but you may want to get a parent to sign up to the affiliate programme if your under 18. www.youngwebbuilder.com/making-money-favourite-celebrity/
Original post by Afradeetee
Well, you could try this, I just posted this in the make money online, but you may want to get a parent to sign up to the affiliate programme if your under 18. www.youngwebbuilder.com/making-money-favourite-celebrity/

Affiliate programs generally suck big time. Also, that Twitter method isn't bad, but it's something I knew about before, and it takes a lot of time. There are people milking fiverr on the other hand, with little to no work.
Step 1: buy a chavy looking hoodie,jeans and trainers.
Step 2: shave your head
Step 3: buy a knife and learn to speak like a chav, 'you get me blaaad?'
Step 4: wear your new clothing, armed with your new lingo and knife and go find some OAP's to rob.

Simples :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AwesomeSauce#1
I create websites and sell them on, it's pretty good and fun, if computers is your type of thing, I recommend learning some basic hosting knowledge, seo knowledge and Wordpress knowledge and work on it, if you don't like computers much then I'm sure you can work in shops now.

hi Awsomesause thehighskoolguy here can you sugest any cheap softwear that i can buy or download if so then please email me.

see ya
Original post by Ps3SuperSRG
Step 1: buy a chavy looking hoodie,jeans and trainers.
Step 2: shave your head
Step 3: buy a knife and learn to speak like a chav, 'you get me blaaad?'
Step 4: wear your new clothing, armed with your new lingo and knife and go find some OAP's to rob.

Simples :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

lol
you could form a extortion racket?

look for some illegal loan sharks and ruff em up?

or rob drug dealers?

you could commit tax scams by exporting goods and then reimporting them without paying tax?
Reply 57
Go to the surveybods website and register. It's quick, simple and every so often they send you an e-mail to notify you that you can do a survey, it only takes a couple of minutes and is worth a couple of quid. Very easy money. Once you do enough surveys surveybods pays £25 into your bank account.
Reply 58
Original post by Sgt.Incontro

everything seems too competitive these days. toooo much saturation in the areas I have been hunting. too many people are doing the same thing too fast which leaves little money to be made if you catch on late. :mad:
You can make quite a bit of money through TopCashBack, without having to actually pay for anything, although the free offers are not always that regular it's definitely worth being a registered member.

Latest

Trending

Trending