The Student Room Group

Mayer Brown Interview...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ssk2
I got it! Called me up the afternoon after my interview and offered me a place :smile: dead chuffed!
Shall we say 25% commission on your Vac Scheme earnings? :p: :wink:

Just kidding! Well done!

EDIT: Well done slanted as well!
Thanks TommehR! :smile:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 22
slanted_and_enchanted
I thought the graduate recruitment were exceptionally friendly..?

Tasha-twi, i'm sure you will be fine. I saw on the other thread where you have interviews, pretty impressive!

Are you law or non-law?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I didn't really find them that friendly. She basically read the questions off a sheet and then wrote down everything I said without even looking at me. Their offices were so nice.

I'm non-law. Yeh I've had some pretty amazing interviews but I just don't do myself justice in them!

congrats anyway :smile:
Reply 23
Tasha-twi
I didn't really find them that friendly. She basically read the questions off a sheet and then wrote down everything I said without even looking at me. Their offices were so nice.

I'm non-law. Yeh I've had some pretty amazing interviews but I just don't do myself justice in them!

congrats anyway :smile:

We had a very different experience I think... Complete opposite for me! Have you heard back yet? Good luck if you're still waiting!
Reply 24
I had my interview earlier today. Does anyone know how long they take to tell you?
They seemed very friendly in mine.
it depends. they called the afternoon after my interview and some people have said that they heard the day after or two days after...and at the interview, one of the grad recruitment ladies was telling someone that theyd hear by beginning of the next week...
it depends. they called the afternoon after my interview and some people have said that they heard the day after or two days after...and at the interview, one of the grad recruitment ladies was telling someone that theyd hear by beginning of the next week...
Reply 27
ah ok, thanks :smile: so would have heard back by now if was going to be today?
they seem to be interviewing a lot of people - there were two at a time when I was there
Has anyone else heard back yet? How did it go? Good luck!

I was just wondering, for people who got the VS, what they were doing for accomodation?

Oh, and someone should make a Facebook group for us all to keep in contact!

Jess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 29
No idea about accom at the moment (see my 'accommodation' thread for more info!) Might look at halls, but may well look in to a hotel! What're you thinking about doing?

Is anyone on the Easter scheme here? I know slanted_and_enchanted is a Summer schemer (right?)
Reply 30
slanted_and_enchanted
Has anyone else heard back yet? How did it go? Good luck!

I was just wondering, for people who got the VS, what they were doing for accomodation?

Oh, and someone should make a Facebook group for us all to keep in contact!

Jess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I aim to please...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1621740044&ref=profile#/group.php?gid=51145378799

EDIT: I feel like a huge relief has been lifted from my shoulders..for now! So relieved. MB was always my favourite firm!
Reply 31
Herbie198
I aim to please...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1621740044&ref=profile#/group.php?gid=51145378799

EDIT: I feel like a huge relief has been lifted from my shoulders..for now! So relieved. MB was always my favourite firm!

Summer or easter scheme? Apologies for just PMing you too, didn't realise you had posted this!
Reply 32
Hi,

I know this is so random but I was reading through your threads and I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about mayer brown as I am about to apply for a vacation scheme/training contract. If you could PM me I'd be so grateful - thanks!! xxx

Quick Reply

Latest