The Student Room Group

Threatened by local chav

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
He could have just been asking for a lighter so your reaction might have provoked him a little, though throwing stones shows what kind of scum he is. I wouldn't worry, doubt he'll remember you and I doubt you'll ever see him again.

I lived in an absolute ****hole of an area at uni last year and found that just being polite worked, all sorts of pissed up chavs and smackheads trying to talk to you, I found saying hello back and humouring them a little kept them happy - I imagine ignoring them would have resulted in them getting confrontational.
Original post by smd4std
you're lucky the chav didn't bite you. you would've turned into a chav aswell

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Thanks =) this made my day xD
Reply 42
Original post by coolasacucumber
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Thanks =) this made my day xD

You should be more sympathetic Mr Cucumber... What if it was you who was at risk of being bitten by a chav?... :gasp: :facepalm:
Reply 43
Original post by Orihime
You ignored him on purpose when he approached you because of the way he looked/dressed, and you dare come here behaving like a little lost lamb that strayed too far...

Oh yeah a girl on her own in a dodgy area should talk to every random guy she doesn't know who tries to talk to her
Reply 44
Without being there when it happened and from your account, it sounded to me like he was politely just trying to ask you something to start with. In my opinion, no matter what somebodies first impressions are, you should at least give them a chance. Though, of course, throwing stones was completely out of order and disgusting behavior, but the poor guy may of just been having a really bad day and your rude behavior provoked him.
There is no reasoning, their attitude is set to confrontational no matter how you talk to them. Countless times I have been asked excuse me by chavs and after acknowledging them been given completely random responses, the best so far was do you have a tenner I could borrow? To which I replied no. I was then called a tight female dog and other profanities all the way down the road.

I have many Chav related anecdotes but they mainly take place on night buses.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Pomppufiilis
There is no reasoning, their attitude is set to confrontational no matter how you talk to them. Countless times I have been asked excuse me by chavs and after acknowledging them been given completely random responses, the best so far was do you have a tenner I could borrow? To which I replied no. I was then called a tight female dog and other profanities all the way down the road.

I have many Chav related anecdotes but they mainly take place on night buses.

Oo seems like chavs are drawn to you
Reply 47
Are you dizzy, blud?
Original post by coolasacucumber
Oo seems like chavs are drawn to you

It goes with the territory.
But some chavs are actually alright if it turns out you know their mum.

Reply 49
Original post by Octohedral
Edit: Of course, to balance that out, it's possible the OP was giving out signals of snobbiness or something. I know we've only heard one side of the story.

At the risk of courting controversy, one might surmise that the barrage of projectiles emanating from the 'other side' has made contact rather difficult.
Original post by Profesh
At the risk of courting controversy, one might surmise that the barrage of projectiles emanating from the 'other side' has made contact rather difficult.

Sounds like how Israel/Palestine started.
Original post by Nihilum
Sounds like you provoked him. You should work on that.

How exactly did she provoke him?

Original post by Orihime
You ignored him on purpose when he approached you because of the way he looked/dressed, and you dare come here behaving like a little lost lamb that strayed too far...

She ignored him because she was on the phone. If you see someone on the phone you don't then go up to them anyway and start talking to them. It is very rude, not to mention annoying.
Original post by Profesh

I know, but I would say there are at least two possibilities;

1. (Most likely) Antisocial chav throws rocks at lone woman.
2. Disadvantaged boy sees woman drop something / otherwise wants to help her / ask a question, and approaches politely. He is a little underendowed in the brains department, but can sense her mistrust of him. He is used to being treated like scum because of what he wears, so he automatically assumes she is snobby, and looking down on him (and he isn't far off correct). After years of being ignored, this becomes too much for him, and he releases that frustration in the only way he knows how: violence.

Like I said, I'm not defending somebody throwing rocks, and I disagreed with the people who did. My edit was just pointing out that everyone has a justification for their actions, and knowing what it is can only be to your advantage.

Repped for your sense of humour though.
Reply 53
I think you're over reacting.
Reply 54
Original post by iSoftie
To be frank, I bet he wasn't a "chav" and you are just a middle-class snob and if he was, ignore him they usually talk rubbish.

Neg all you want- poor people aren't always mean/thugs.

Throwing stones at a female when you're a guy, just because she ignored him because she was on the phone? sounds like a thug to me. Also his appearance would most likely be wearing trackies which is just a big hint that he is one:rolleyes:
Reply 55
Original post by Blazinq
Throwing stones at a female when you're a guy, just because she ignored him because she was on the phone? sounds like a thug to me. Also his appearance would most likely be wearing trackies which is just a big hint that he is one:rolleyes:

I even doubt he threw a stone where did he get it from? Iraq?
Reply 56
Original post by iSoftie
I even doubt he threw a stone where did he get it from? Iraq?

No, Afghanistan:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest