The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3500
Original post by jonobebe
Scare me siah... I thought need then my appointment tomorrow somemore, i was running around like a mad hamster just now!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I know! I was wondering how on earth I was supposed to get all these documents done on time...
Reply 3501
Original post by polar88
Haha at this point of time it is nice to be a singaporean( low-risk mah, save a lot of hassle)

So here are the following things that i have gathered that we need to bring for visa appointment
-Passport
-Passport Photo
-the print out online application form
-Appendix 8 Form

Did i miss anything else from the list?

your birth-cert. to prove relationship with your parents as stated when u fill in the application form.
Reply 3502
Original post by ash911
I know! I was wondering how on earth I was supposed to get all these documents done on time...

the whole point being that i called them 2 weeks ago to confirm no need of the bank statement, and then ytd someone say need. then it comes to what u mentioned above.
Reply 3503
your birth-cert. to prove relationship with your parents as stated when u fill in the application form.

Oh is it but i over 21 and money is with me? Which form is it the online one or appendix 8? Wah if really need, then i need to translate my birth cert to english
Reply 3504
Original post by polar88
Oh is it but i over 21 and money is with me? Which form is it the online one or appendix 8? Wah if really need, then i need to translate my birth cert to english

this i don't know. call them up and ask?
Reply 3505
Hmm.....called them up few days ago on what to bring but never mention anything about birth cert. but i will call again to confirm,it never hurt to be extra safe right? haha, btw thanks!
If I'm working, Will my mum be able to drop the documents for me?
Reply 3507
Original post by iamlovinit05
If I'm working, Will my mum be able to drop the documents for me?

They need to scan your fingerprints... All fingers...

They need to scan your fingerprints... All fingers...

Ic. Anyway just to double check, these are all the documents we need.

1. CAS number
2. Certificates and stuff we used to get the CAS number (school exam certs and stuff)
3. Bank account information and proof that your parents allow you to use their funds.
4. Passport
5. Photo

Am I missing out anything?
Reply 3509

1. CAS number
2. Certificates and stuff we used to get the CAS number (school exam certs and stuff)
3. Bank account information and proof that your parents allow you to use their funds.
4. Passport
5. Photo

For me, they just took my passport, previous passport, 1 photo, appendix 8 form and $3 for the SMS service to notify u when your passport is ready.
(edited 11 years ago)
For me, they just took my passport, previous passport, 1 photo, appendix 8 form and $3 for the SMS service to notify u when your passport is ready.

Appendix 8 form is the one that you do online right?

Did you apply before or after getting your CAS number?

Reply 3511
Appendix 8 form is the one that you do online right?

Did you apply before or after getting your CAS number?

the one u did online is the "online application form". u just need to print it and sign, then bring it to the appointment and submit to the officer.

appendix 8 form is this >>>
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf

u need to print this and fill up, then bring it to the appointment.

appendix 8 form requires u to fill in your CAS number. so apply only after getting your CAS letter.
Reply 3512
Awesome then. For the bank and next-of-kin letter, the bank should have the format available already right?

Yes, like what panda has mentioned, there will be an admin charge. It will take a day to process. Bring your IC along. Because I have went with my father, I do not know whether you will need your father's signature if you go alone.

hey people, is the bank statement really compulsory???

i thought we as a country of low risk, they don't require that??

***EDIT***
I just called them up. If differentiation rule applies to u, u dont need to provide bank statement.

Like what they said, if they ask you for it, you will need to spend another x no. of days before you can collect back your passport.

Anyway, I'm collecting mine tomorrow. Kinda fast.
Reply 3513
Original post by kenryou
Yes, like what panda has mentioned, there will be an admin charge. It will take a day to process. Bring your IC along. Because I have went with my father, I do not know whether you will need your father's signature if you go alone.

Like what they said, if they ask you for it, you will need to spend another x no. of days before you can collect back your passport.

Anyway, I'm collecting mine tomorrow. Kinda fast.

Wow! when did you go for your appointment? By the way have you paid your tuition fee before making the visa?
Reply 3514
Original post by polar88
Wow! when did you go for your appointment? By the way have you paid your tuition fee before making the visa?

Last Monday, they predicted to have my passport arrived on 7~9July but somehow it ended up early. Thumbs up!

Nope, I have not. Looked into a variety of payments and concluded that submitting banker's draft would save you the most money.
Reply 3515
Original post by kenryou
Last Monday, they predicted to have my passport arrived on 7~9July but somehow it ended up early. Thumbs up!

Nope, I have not. Looked into a variety of payments and concluded that submitting banker's draft would save you the most money.

Wa, that was pretty quick they take like about 8 working days!

I was considering the mode of payment and was thinking of paying through master or visa card but well will consider bankers draft too.
Original post by polar88

I was considering the mode of payment and was thinking of paying through master or visa card but well will consider bankers draft too.

Hm, are you guys talking about paying the tuition fees with a bankers draft?
I was wondering if they accept POSB's bank draft.

I dont intend to set up a HSBC advance account in Singapore, rather go over and open a Lloyds student account then transfer the money over..
Reply 3517
Original post by polar88

Each carry their pro and cons.

You can save more from banker's draft but the risk of carrying a huge amount of "cash cheque".

Visa/master will be more secure and convenient but you gonna pay x % of admin charges.

Assuming that both the exchange rate is same. (Most likely not, bank exchange rate will be different from master/visa company).

1. CAS number
4. Passport
5. Photo

Now, I'm sincerely confused. Some say we need bank account information, and others say we don't because we are classified as "low risk". Any kind soul out there that can explain which one it is?

Reply 3519
Original post by pandapower
Hm, are you guys talking about paying the tuition fees with a bankers draft?
I was wondering if they accept POSB's bank draft.

I dont intend to set up a HSBC advance account in Singapore, rather go over and open a Lloyds student account then transfer the money over..

I think you will be issued with DBS bank drafts if you were to purchase one with POSB. You might want to check with your uni, but I don't see why they wouldn't accept a DBS bank draft.

Quick Reply

Latest