The Student Room Group

gcse results

Is anyone worried about the 23rd of August when we get our results? Im so nervous and I can't stop thinking about it and its just annoying me. I wondered if anyone else was having the same problem? And worrying about what grades they are going to recieve. Its doing my head in that its on my mind all the time. Its gobna ruin my summer:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah same. I'm totally scared I won't meet the entry requirements for the school I want to go to.

But don't spend time worrying about it. Anxiety is painful.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
I'm worrying to, although at the same time i want it to be 23rd August now so I know if I have got Cs or not. Don't let it ruin your summer, theres nothing you can do now. try and feel good about exams being over and there being no more revision. I think I have failed Math and Sociology.
I have to get over it because you can't change it now.
What subjects did you do?
GCSEs don't really matter
Reply 4
Original post by aWildPidgey

That's kind of true when you get to A level but right now I'm really worried that I won't get a good grade in the subjects I need.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
im SO worried, nervous, but mostly inpatient as i'm desperate to know what I got!!
Reply 6
Hey, there is nothing you can do anymore so you may as well forget about it and enjoy the summer!!!! I am hoping I get mainly As and only about 3 Bs but I better just forget about it :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by rozzy22
I'm worrying to, although at the same time i want it to be 23rd August now so I know if I have got Cs or not. Don't let it ruin your summer, theres nothing you can do now. try and feel good about exams being over and there being no more revision. I think I have failed Math and Sociology.
I have to get over it because you can't change it now.
What subjects did you do?

I did Art,Geography and Graphic Products, I was predicted C's in Art and Graphics but a D in Geography. You?
Reply 8
my friend said prepare yourself for the worst so that when the day actuaally comes you'll be happy with what you got because it probably would be much better than what you think :smile: i'm annoyed that i won't be able to get my results until september as i will be on holiday
Worried about Art as it's the only subject I don't have a percentage of a grade in. The rest allow me some indication at least! :wink:
Plus predictions make things worse as I know I'm going to disappoint people :colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by Lucy96
Worried about Art as it's the only subject I don't have a percentage of a grade in. The rest allow me some indication at least! :wink:

What were you predicted in Art?
Reply 12

Really? The school say there important for getting you into college but is that it?
Reply 13
I'm so nervous! its weird to think i cant do anymore to boost my grades, i'm having second thoughts i did enough preperation while doing the exams. I'll be happy if i get at least one A (business studies is my best bet).
Original post by Kassey01
What were you predicted in Art?

A*, sadly that won't happen though as I wanted to put more effort into my other subjects nearer the exam period.
Reply 15
Really? The school say there important for getting you into college but is that it?

before the recession when i was in year 11 in 2007, the school was bigging it up as if GCSEs would get you a good job, or into a good college, well it never got me anything, the college i went to didnt even ask to see my results, clerical error maybe... I think not. GCSEs are worthless, you can just repeat whatever at college.
Reply 16
Really? Wow thats better than me, I put loads of effort into my Art Coursework so I hopefully I will get my C>
Reply 17
Original post by jus2sik
before the recession when i was in year 11 in 2007, the school was bigging it up as if GCSEs would get you a good job, or into a good college, well it never got me anything, the college i went to didnt even ask to see my results, clerical error maybe... I think not. GCSEs are worthless, you can just repeat whatever at college.

So what did you get overal in your results?
Reply 18

They aren't the most important thing, A-levels count the most, but now Uni's are looking at GCSEs because of competition. But in 3 years time (or whenever O-levels come back in), I think your statement will be true.
Really? Wow thats better than me, I put loads of effort into my Art Coursework so I hopefully I will get my C>

Awwwww good! I'm sure you will, good luck :smile: what exam board are you with?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire

Quick Reply