The Student Room Group

Help!!!! Urgent clearing uni question!!

Hey guys!!

Hope you are all well!! :smile: So i have just completed my a levels and intended to go on a gap year but due to personal reasons i am unable to go on my gap year anymore! I did a bit of research and honestly i don't mind going into clearing at all, im not too fussed but i noticed that to go in to clearing i need to be registered on UCAS and i need a specific clearing number. The website says that applications for clearing go on till 20 sept so i was wondering if it could be possible for my school to give me my clearing number and put me through ucas. obviously i wont be applying for anything right now as i have missed the deadlines so i would be rejected but i really really want to go straight in to uni and i just need that number!. Its actually a necessity right now for me to go straight into uni due to certain circumstances. Has anyone else been in the same position? I would be highly grateful if anyone could get back to me with any form of advice!

Also i didn't apply for anything at all this year, im not even registered on UCAS :frown:

Thank you so much :biggrin:
You're a bit confused. You need to get on to the Ucas system first. It's Ucas which gives you your clearing number, not the school, and that won't happen until results day.
Original post by noor1993
Hey guys!!

Hope you are all well!! :smile: So i have just completed my a levels and intended to go on a gap year but due to personal reasons i am unable to go on my gap year anymore! I did a bit of research and honestly i don't mind going into clearing at all, im not too fussed but i noticed that to go in to clearing i need to be registered on UCAS and i need a specific clearing number. The website says that applications for clearing go on till 20 sept so i was wondering if it could be possible for my school to give me my clearing number and put me through ucas. obviously i wont be applying for anything right now as i have missed the deadlines so i would be rejected but i really really want to go straight in to uni and i just need that number!. Its actually a necessity right now for me to go straight into uni due to certain circumstances. Has anyone else been in the same position? I would be highly grateful if anyone could get back to me with any form of advice!

Also i didn't apply for anything at all this year, im not even registered on UCAS :frown:

Thank you so much :biggrin:

Actually, you haven't missed the deadlines - you have today and tomorrow to put an application together and get it sent off to universities of your choice (you have today, tomorrow and Saturday, technically, but as Saturday is not a school day and your school have to attach a reference, predicted grades and do the sending, for all practical purposes you don't have Saturday.) It's tough: contacting potential universities you're interested in, getting a reference sorted, writing a personal statement, compiling it all, sending it off...

However, start on contacting universities to check they will consider your application now (if you get this early enough) and then spend this evening completing as much of the form as you can, plus writing a PS. Go into your school nice and early tomorrow to try and get a reference sorted out. Continue contacting universities in the meantime, then decide which ones to apply to, fill in your course choices, complete your parts of the application, pay and submit it to your school so they can attach the reference and predicted grades, then send it to UCAS. It may not be possible - the people you need to write a reference might be busy, for example - but I have known people manage to submit applications within a day.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1895651 is the thread for advice on late applications. There's a TSR PS help thread here, and a PS advice section here. You could try using PS Help, but you'd be very lucky if someone relevant just happened to be around tonight. If you do post there, make it clear that you are applying for this year so time isn't wasted as people try to figure out if you're applying this year or next year.

However, assuming you don't get it done in time: your school don't give you a Clearing number and then add you to the system. You apply to UCAS after June 30th, they then process your application and give you the Clearing number once you're eligible (which, as I assume you're waiting on results, will be results day.)
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending