The Student Room Group

Interview at Aldi

Hi all, as the title says, I've got an interview at Aldi which is on Monday at the local job centre.

Has anyone got any experience of the process? The man who rang me works for a recruitment company not for Aldi, so the details were sparse, but he said that if you get past this stage you go on to have a group interview; but I do not know any more than that.

Couple of questions too:

I have a drivers' license, but not a car, will this be a hindrance? (I can get there on the train.)

Apparently they're really funny about criminal records, and I have a caution or whatever it's called because I got busted with a bag of weed when I was 15, should I mention this?

I'm 18, will this be an issue? I'm sure I've never seen someone who looks younger than 25 working in there.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
bump for justice
Reply 2
bump for great justice
Reply 3
I've never been for an interview there, but I think anything on your criminal record that you done under 18 gets taken off when you're 18, I'm not 100% on this however so look it up. I don't think you not having a car would be a problem if you can easily get there by public transport, also I've seen people that only look young working in my local Aldi.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by gemmam
I've never been for an interview there, but I think anything on your criminal record that you done under 18 gets taken off when you're 18, I'm not 100% on this however so look it up. I don't think you not having a car would be a problem if you can easily get there by public transport, also I've seen people that only look young working in my local Aldi.

Thanks for that. I've also removed the part about the caution now, as I've found that you do not need to mention it.
Reply 5
Original post by Skorzeny
Thanks for that. I've also removed the part about the caution now, as I've found that you do not need to mention it.

No problem good luck with your interview :smile:
Reply 6
I heard they pay £40k a year for an area manager.
Reply 7
I didn't know there was a stage before group interview? I had a group interview there which was pretty basic. Wasn't an interview really, just a discussion about Aldi in general...
Reply 8
Original post by doughnut92
I didn't know there was a stage before group interview? I had a group interview there which was pretty basic. Wasn't an interview really, just a discussion about Aldi in general...

I believe that as it's through an agency they will vet me first in an initial screening interview. I'm not sure though.

I'm a bit unsure with this whole agency thing too, I'm worried I'll get paid less or that they'll be able to cut me off at a moment's notice. But oh well, I should be able to find out on Monday.
Reply 9
Bump ive got a group interview next week. Ive had group interviews before but I just wondered what you have to do so i can prepare for it. I had a screening on the phone where she asked me lots of questions which felt like a proper interview in itself
Hi, I've got a group interview for a store assistant role soon. Any ideas of what I can expect? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Minerva McGonagall
Hi, I've got a group interview for a store assistant role soon. Any ideas of what I can expect? :smile:

Yo can expect questions like :-
Why Aldi?
What do you know about Aldi?

Q's about customer service I'm guessing
Original post by Lmeechan
Yo can expect questions like :-
Why Aldi?
What do you know about Aldi?

Q's about customer service I'm guessing

Wouldn't asking these be tricky in a group interview setting?
Original post by Minerva McGonagall
Wouldn't asking these be tricky in a group interview setting?

It'd be up to anyone who wants to answer to say something and others can pitch in if they have something to say too.

Quick Reply

Latest