The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
i just got my SIA application back because of a mistake, does anyone know the g4s address that i should post it too?
Around how long does it take or you to be fully trained for SIA and your specific role? Basically I'm still waiting for acredidation and wonder if I should bother relying on this job coming through or just give up and look for alternatives
Reply 1422
Anyone know G4S scheduler contact numbers? Not the normal one for training but the Scheduler Team itself.
Original post by Jamest00
Hi Did anyone find out if you would need to attend the additional sia training in the weekend if they already did the sia door supervisor course.

Is this further training that is different? I am trying to find out. But the telephone line is busy.

Tried ringing myself, 31 before me so i hung up!

The email i have shows 'additional training' in red, so i guess we just have to presume attendance is required.

Original post by al_habib
i have done the DS course and passed it, they said you need to do it again due to job circumstance but then its the same stuff.

I can see no point if it's the course revised and nothing more. Almost like somebody is trying to generate work for the SIA people if there is no difference...

I'm not taking photos with me and i'm not sitting an exam when i have already achieved my SIA licence.
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
Around how long does it take or you to be fully trained for SIA and your specific role? Basically I'm still waiting for acredidation and wonder if I should bother relying on this job coming through or just give up and look for alternatives

I've been waiting for screening/accreditation since march- my references have only just been contacted this week so I'm looking elsewhere. By the time it all comes through I might get a few days work but decided not worth relying on it.
Judging from this forum and the G4S 2012 facebook page, lots of people are being messed about and left waiting not knowing what's happening.
Original post by Lasuil
Also, does anyone have these documents

Please carefully read through the document called "JI Covering Letter for Romford Rd" (*) for more important information.
Please follow the vital instructions in the Welcome Pack, "G4S Welcome Doc Romford Rd". (*)

I wasn't sent these and they're not on my Secure Trax login.

Hi Lasuil,

Did you manage to find these documents and did any of them relate to a venue change?

Is this the venue you attended below? I've heard stories about people turning up and being sent away even though the email clearly states this location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=246-250+Romford+Rd,+Stratford,+E7+9HZ&hl=en&ll=51.542759,0.027466&spn=0.031334,0.077162&sll=51.546050,0.022760&layer=c&cbp=13,72.53,,0,0.18&cbll=51.545965,0.02231&hnear=246+Romford+Rd,+London+E7+9HZ,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=14&iwloc=A&panoid=jLNygxl2u6ZN0GyRJ46Vyw

Thanks.
Does anyone know what PSA/OSA Screener is?
Original post by coolasacucumber
Does anyone know what PSA/OSA Screener is?

PSA = pedestrian screening area
OSA = occupant screening area

screener = body searcher
Original post by Trey-Cii3
That's great. Thank you. Can you use oyster cards from Stratford to Forest Gate?

Yup, just make sure you tap on a pink fare validator oyster thing on the platform if you're changing from somewhere else :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by maddysue
PSA = pedestrian screening area
OSA = occupant screening area

screener = body searcher

Thank you =)
Original post by Jamest00
Hi Did anyone find out if you would need to attend the additional sia training in the weekend if they already did the sia door supervisor course.

Is this further training that is different? I am trying to find out. But the telephone line is busy.

Just waited an hour to get through to an advisor!

Explained i already had my SIA licence and the advisor mentioned that since this morning they have been made aware of a fault on ther system where people with a licence are getting sent invitations. He took my SIA licence number (Again) and told me not to attend the dates. I had already accepted the dates in the email, but he said this wouldn't matter. He will now forward my details to the licence department (Again..) and in his words 'escalate' the issue. A nice bloke to be fair, yet it seems g4s are having real issues with organization and the computer system in place. He called me back 5 minutes later asking for my licence number, even though i have already supplied this to them on two prior occasions and was told both times it was on the system.

At this stage i have now completed all training by the looks of things. Screening and vetting passed weeks ago, yet still no mention of accrediation/uniform/start date.

Another worring issue for me is that some people i have trained with at psa training have already done bits of work for g4s at other functions. I wonder if i have not been offered work because the computer system fails to aknowledge i have an SIA licence?

"Computer says no". Frustrating.

Hope this helps and please can anyone quote me and post if my situation is the same as yours. All information is appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply 1431
is anyone else waiting for accreditation to get back to u's?
"Screening Complete/Sent to Accreditation" Ive been waiting for weeks/months lool although i have started working i need the pass before the games :/
Reply 1432
Original post by up in the air
Just waited an hour to get through to an advisor!

Explained i already had my SIA licence and the advisor mentioned that since this morning they have been made aware of a fault on ther system where people with a licence are getting sent invitations. He took my SIA licence number (Again) and told me not to attend the dates. I had already accepted the dates in the email, but he said this wouldn't matter. He will now forward my details to the licence department (Again..) and in his words 'escalate' the issue. A nice bloke to be fair, yet it seems g4s are having real issues with organization and the computer system in place. He called me back 5 minutes later asking for my licence number, even though i have already supplied this to them on two prior occasions and was told both times it was on the system.

At this stage i have now completed all training by the looks of things. Screening and vetting passed weeks ago, yet still no mention of accrediation/uniform/start date.

Another worring issue for me is that some people i have trained with at psa training have already done bits of work for g4s at other functions. I wonder if i have not been offered work because the computer system fails to aknowledge i have an SIA licence?

"Computer says no". Frustrating.

Hope this helps and please can anyone quote me and post if my situation is the same as yours. All information is appreciated.

Thanks.

If its any consolation, I'm the opposite.

Got a uniform waiting and not been trained. :s-smilie:
Reply 1433
So after 7 Months of Waiting..

I Get this Email:

You’ve advised us that you are no longer interested in joining Team G4S working at London 2012; on your instruction we have therefore withdrawn your application.

The funny thing is.. I never even emailed or phoned them saying i would like to withdraw.
Original post by niyaz93
is anyone else waiting for accreditation to get back to u's?
"Screening Complete/Sent to Accreditation" Ive been waiting for weeks/months lool although i have started working i need the pass before the games :/

You can just go to the place and pick it up. Thats what i did anyway. They only need to see your ID, then they input it, take your pic and print off your pass
I'm at the hotel in Stratford now, bloody nice! In the brand new Westfield centre basically! Going to the training tomorrow at 8, anyone from here going to be there? :smile:
Original post by hardleyouth
I'm at the hotel in Stratford now, bloody nice! In the brand new Westfield centre basically! Going to the training tomorrow at 8, anyone from here going to be there? :smile:

Yeah what time do we finish? is it 5?
Original post by skippy123
Yeah what time do we finish? is it 5?

I think it's around 5, it's not really stated anywhere :confused:
Reply 1438
Does anybody know their G4S Payroll number yet? Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply 1439
Original post by sy_1
Does anybody know their G4S Payroll number yet? Thanks in advance for your help!

You get your payroll number on the Agreement Documents they post you after you finish screening! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending