The Student Room Group

A* - 140 UCAS Points

Does this mean that only 280 UCAS points overall over a two year period, or does the points for the second year increase due to this only being AS level? I'm confused.
Reply 1
I don't follow what you're asking.
A* full A level=140 UCAS points
A full A level =120 UCAS points
etc

You can't get an A* in AS anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by TaylorGang_4
Does this mean that only 280 UCAS points overall over a two year period, or does the points for the second year increase due to this only being AS level? I'm confused.

There's no such thing as an A* at AS level, so you'd get 60 points for the A (even if 90%+) at AS. The only exception to this is the Extended Project Qualification, which may be awarded A* at AS level and is worth 70 points.

At A2, an A* grade is worth 140 points.
Reply 3

No.

140 points for the whole A-level at A*
Reply 4
Sorry I forgot to classify that it's a BTEC Diploma.
Reply 6
Sorry I forgot to classify that it's a BTEC Diploma.

If you get a Distinction* then that is worth 140 points. If you do a qualification considered to be bigger than 1 A level (e.g. Level 3 Diploma (2 A levels) or extended diploma (3 A levels) then you get more than 1 grade, e.g. D*D*, so you just add up the points from the different grades.
Reply 7
Original post by Data
If you get a Distinction* then that is worth 140 points. If you do a qualification considered to be bigger than 1 A level (e.g. Level 3 Diploma (2 A levels) or extended diploma (3 A levels) then you get more than 1 grade, e.g. D*D*, so you just add up the points from the different grades.

Thanks man, the qualification is worth 3 A Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending