The Student Room Group

General Discussion thread for Current Year 11/Soon to be Sixth Formers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandora.
They were a mixed bag I suppose, some good and some bad. I don't feel awful about them though, which is a good sign I hope. :tongue:

And yours? :smile:

Same! It's been both horrible and good..and I am dreading results day:/
Ahh that's a great feeling!:smile: We had our leavers ceremony today and it was both amazing and incredibly emotional!:wink: Did you have yours already?
Original post by justanotherindigo
Same! It's been both horrible and good..and I am dreading results day:/
Ahh that's a great feeling!:smile: We had our leavers ceremony today and it was both amazing and incredibly emotional!:wink: Did you have yours already?
Same here :s-smilie: Still, there's a long way to go until then. :smile:

Aw, I hope you had a good time though? :smile: We didn't have one at my school, but I'm pretty happy to be out of there really so I'm not complaining! :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Wow, that was tense! :biggrin:

Happy with the result though :smile:

Spoiler

I was terrified! And I thought Nadal's match was nerve wracking... :zomg: I'm over the moon with the result though, but I can't help feeling that the outcome would have been difference had Benneteau not been injured. I feel quite sorry for him. :frown:

Spoiler

I was terrified! And I thought Nadal's match was nerve wracking... :zomg: I'm over the moon with the result though, but I can't help feeling that the outcome would have been difference had Benneteau not been injured. I feel quite sorry for him. :frown:

Spoiler

Nah, I think Federer would have won even if Benneteau had not been injured :smile: But seriously, what is going on in Wimbledon this year?!? :tongue:

Oh, and you'll be pleased to hear that my younger sister today said that Federer looks "innocent and sweet" (she watched tennis for the first tome today :tongue:) :s-smilie:
Nah, I think Federer would have won even if Benneteau had not been injured :smile: But seriously, what is going on in Wimbledon this year?!? :tongue:

Oh, and you'll be pleased to hear that my younger sister today said that Federer looks "innocent and sweet" (she watched tennis for the first tome today :tongue:) :s-smilie:
I hope so! Hopefully after the weekend off he should back strongly back on form. :smile: Wimbledon this year is just crazy! I honestly think that the men's final is completely open this year. I'm not sure about the women's, I'm not too much of a fan at the moment.

I'm very proud of your sister, she's a Federer fan in the making! :biggrin: Aw, that's so cute! :love: I'll be thinking that when I watch him next. :biggrin:
I do not know what I am doing up this early, came back from prom in the early hours of today. Both prom and after party were AMAZING!!!
I hope so! Hopefully after the weekend off he should back strongly back on form. :smile: Wimbledon this year is just crazy! I honestly think that the men's final is completely open this year. I'm not sure about the women's, I'm not too much of a fan at the moment.

I'm very proud of your sister, she's a Federer fan in the making! :biggrin: Aw, that's so cute! :love: I'll be thinking that when I watch him next. :biggrin:

Yeah, he should get back into form. I just hope Djokovich doesn't win though :tongue: I'm not interested in the women's tournament either, especially since Venus got knocked out.

Well, you just wait till she sees N...Na...Nadal :cry: Yeah, but she actually likes Federer :tongue:
Yeah, he should get back into form. I just hope Djokovich doesn't win though :tongue: I'm not interested in the women's tournament either, especially since Venus got knocked out.

Well, you just wait till she sees N...Na...Nadal :cry: Yeah, but she actually likes Federer :tongue:
Haha, well you never know! I'd expected Novak and Roger to meet in the semis, but I wouldn't be able to call the outcome of that.

I just wish that the women played 3-5 sets like the men. It seems a bit odd that the maximum sets women can play is the minimum number men can. I understand all the physical strength differences and all of that, but if I was a tennis player I would rather have a go at a possible 5 set match. Still, it's like that for a reason I guess. :dontknow:

Once a Federer fan, always a Federer fan. :wink: Rafa might come close, but he'll never overtake. :biggrin:

Oops, Rosol isn't doing too well! :teehee:
Haha, well you never know! I'd expected Novak and Roger to meet in the semis, but I wouldn't be able to call the outcome of that.

I just wish that the women played 3-5 sets like the men. It seems a bit odd that the maximum sets women can play is the minimum number men can. I understand all the physical strength differences and all of that, but if I was a tennis player I would rather have a go at a possible 5 set match. Still, it's like that for a reason I guess. :dontknow:

Once a Federer fan, always a Federer fan. :wink: Rafa might come close, but he'll never overtake. :biggrin:

Oops, Rosol isn't doing too well! :teehee:

I don't know, without trying to sound sexist or anything, the physical strength between the men and women tennis players is quite different, so the women players may struggle to play more sets. I could be wrong, though :smile: But yeah, it would be more entertaining if there were 3-5 sets :smile:

What do you mean Nadal will never overtake?!? Remember the French Opens where Nadal, unlike Federer, could beat Djokovich? :colone:

I was hoping Rosol would win :mad:
:zorro:

Oh, and are we giving in our nominations for the awards today? :smile:
I don't know, without trying to sound sexist or anything, the physical strength between the men and women tennis players is quite different, so the women players may struggle to play more sets. I could be wrong, though :smile: But yeah, it would be more entertaining if there were 3-5 sets :smile:

What do you mean Nadal will never overtake?!? Remember the French Opens where Nadal, unlike Federer, could beat Djokovich? :colone:

I was hoping Rosol would win :mad:
Yeah, that's the main issue I think. I just find it a shame that the match is pretty much over without much tension (unlike Nadal/Rosol and Federer/Benneteau) most of the time in women's matches. Perhaps I just don't like enough female players though. :tongue:

I was going to have a witty reply to that, but I came across this and got distracted. :teehee: It has two of my favourite things in it, and one of the top comments reminds me of what your sister said. :wink:

It would have been interesting for Rosol to win, but I guess he just didn't have the same feeling today as he did on Thursday. :frown:
Oh, and are we giving in our nominations for the awards today? :smile:
I'm not sure - I think Loz was going to make a post on the main thread when she was ready. :smile:
Original post by simibean
I do not know what I am doing up this early, came back from prom in the early hours of today. Both prom and after party were AMAZING!!!

Hi!! Im glad you had FUN :biggrin: Well, im afraid mate, i have beaten your early time, cos i came home just before 5am, slept for two hours and then wandered back to the party across town!! AND got another party tonight- im lucky my parents are letting me go!
Anyway, what sort of after party was it? Eg campout, houseparty, rave, teaparty?!:wink: And what was the most outrageous transport to the prom?? The craziest transport at mine was a tractor with a trailer on the back with a couple of sofas on it!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
CharlieBoardman
:cool:
I'm awaiting your report on your leaver's dinner :biggrin:
Original post by EnviroProtector
Hi!! Im glad you had FUN :biggrin: Well, im afraid mate, i have beaten your early time, cos i came home just before 5am, slept for two hours and then wandered back to the party across town!! AND got another party tonight- im lucky my parents are letting me go!
Anyway, what sort of after party was it? Eg campout, houseparty, rave, teaparty?!:wink: And what was the most outrageous transport to the prom?? The craziest transport at mine was a tractor with a trailer on the back with a couple of sofas on it!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

My day was like that, had a late night the previous night, I went bed at 3 this morning, and had to wake up at 6 :frown:
Our year hired out a banqueting hall, we had a dj and food etc
Everyone just came by cars
Yeah, that's the main issue I think. I just find it a shame that the match is pretty much over without much tension (unlike Nadal/Rosol and Federer/Benneteau) most of the time in women's matches. Perhaps I just don't like enough female players though. :tongue:

I was going to have a witty reply to that, but I came across this and got distracted. :teehee: It has two of my favourite things in it, and one of the top comments reminds me of what your sister said. :wink:

It would have been interesting for Rosol to win, but I guess he just didn't have the same feeling today as he did on Thursday. :frown:

Lol that's a great advert! :lol: But it just goes to show that Federer eats unhealthily and doesn't set an example to young people :tongue:

Spoiler

Yeah, it would have been really interesting if Rosol won, but ah well.

I'm not sure - I think Loz was going to make a post on the main thread when she was ready. :smile:

Lol that's a great advert! :lol: But it just goes to show that Federer eats unhealthily and doesn't set an example to young people :tongue:

Spoiler

Yeah, it would have been really interesting if Rosol won, but ah well.

:tongue: You'll find anything to make Nadal #1 again! :lol: Remember, you're on Federer's side now Rafa's gone! :colone:

Roger's had a haircut! :eek:
:tongue: You'll find anything to make Nadal #1 again! :lol: Remember, you're on Federer's side now Rafa's gone! :colone:

Roger's had a haircut! :eek:

Lol I'm trying hard to make him number 1 again :tongue: I am on his side for now, but that doesn't mean he's better than Nadal :yep:

Yeah, I saw that :teehee: I wonder what my sister will think of him now :tongue:
Lol I'm trying hard to make him number 1 again :tongue: I am on his side for now, but that doesn't mean he's better than Nadal :yep:

Yeah, I saw that :teehee: I wonder what my sister will think of him now :tongue:
You just have to hear him say "Hello" on that advert and Federer is automatically number 1. :drool:

I hope it doesn't change her opinion! :eek: You need to educate her in The Wonderfulness of Roger Federer as soon as possible!
You just have to hear him say "Hello" on that advert and Federer is automatically number 1. :drool:

I hope it doesn't change her opinion! :eek: You need to educate her in The Wonderfulness of Roger Federer as soon as possible!

I'll admit he has a nice voice, but that doesn't make him number 1! :tongue:

Oh don't you worry, I will educate her alright... :colone: I think I'll start off educating her with this video to show here Federer's very polite attitude :tongue:
I'll admit he has a nice voice, but that doesn't make him number 1! :tongue:

Oh don't you worry, I will educate her alright... :colone: I think I'll start off educating her with this video to show here Federer's very polite attitude :tongue:
I could list every attribute that makes him #1, but that would break the character limit. :wink:

:sexface: I love that video so much. Perhaps you'd like to show her his amazing survival techniques? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest