The Student Room Group

Developing a MUN Resolution to the Syrian crisis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoryS
^ = See the above Agenda.

Could you clear the chat before we start please just so we're starting from a clean slate effectively.
Reply 61
Original post by toronto353
Could you clear the chat before we start please just so we're starting from a clean slate effectively.

Yeah, no problem. Logging onto it now. :smile:
stanlas

QFA

Isometrix

QFA

ak137

QFA

The summit is about to start.
Reply 63
The summit is about to start.

COMING!
Reply 64
The summit has begun.

Participants should be aware of the below Agenda.

AGENDA - SYRIAN RESOLUTION COMMITTEE MEETING

To take place on Saturday 30th June at 20:00 sharp.

Meeting to take place on "Chatzy": http://www.chatzy.com/68590259007293

> Introduction from RoryS
> Resolution Ideas from all Members (keep it brief please)

[INDENT]> Moleman1996 - Tunisia and Arab League
> stanlas - Czech Republic
> Lipvig - Oman
> Isometrix - Belgium
> cl_steele - Australia
> Cmmah - Uruguay
> toronto353 - Model HoC (Foreign Secretary) EU Bloc
> Morgsie - EU Bloc
> missbanana21 - Libya
> RoryS - Qatar, the IAED & Leader of the Syrian Resolution Committee [/INDENT]

> Discussion on Ideas from Members (in the above order)
> Thoughts from ak137 - Syria (c
> Final decision - what the resolution will consist of.
> Closing remarks
> Meeting closed - informal discussion may continue afterwards.

Etiquette

- Allow each other to speak; do not interrupt as it proves not productive.
- Your resolution ideas must be kept brief, there's a lot to discuss and lots of people to hear from. No rambling if possible please! :tongue:
- Allow people to speak in turn in terms of the Agenda (we will strictly follow the Agenda and will ask for MUN Reps to speak in that order)
- Debate will occur after ALL ideas have been introduced to the meeting, we will discuss them in order, in turn to ensure of a productive and successful meeting.
- The word of RoryS (Chairman) is final - if it is not followed, you will be removed from the Chatroom.
Isometrix

QFA

You're up next to present your ideas at the conference.
cl_steele

QFA

The conference has started.

Just because you seem to on here as well...

Could you let everyone know that my internet has packed in at the moment, i'll be back if I can (doing this through 3g on a kindle :/ ) and that if I can't get back the views of the arab league are represented by Libya and/or Oman in their capacity as Deputy President nations.

damn, gone again. :/ i'll keep trying
ffs guys i'm really sorry, I was busy this evening moving stuff to my new student house. completely forgot about this :frown:
Reply 70
Original post by Isometrix
ffs guys i'm really sorry, I was busy this evening moving stuff to my new student house. completely forgot about this :frown:

No problem - could you please state your opinions on what we should do/what should feature in the resolution here in this thread? We will want your views to be taken into consideration. :smile: Thanks.
Original post by RoryS
No problem - could you please state your opinions on what we should do/what should feature in the resolution here in this thread? We will want your views to be taken into consideration. :smile: Thanks.

Has the conference chat been saved? I'd like to read it and then state my opinion to show where I stand.
Reply 72
Original post by Isometrix
Has the conference chat been saved? I'd like to read it and then state my opinion to show where I stand.

There is a chat record - I tried saving it into a Word Document yesterday. Two versions, one with formatting & more of the chat and another version with no formatting but less of the chat.

The chatroom provider limits how much you can see if you're not a premium user so you won't have all of the chat by the majority of it.

Should I email it to you to? PM me your email address.
Reply 73
Hi everyone, I promise that I'm sorting out another thread for us to debate and vote on what we want in the resolution.

I can't remember how we decided to do the poll. Can anyone help? I've PM'ed Moleman and he's not replied.

Someone help! Thanks. :tongue:

Quoted a few of you in, hopefully you can help:

stanlas
QFA

Lipvig
QFA

Cmmah
QFA

toronto353
QFA

Morgsie
QFA
Reply 74
Original post by RoryS
Hi everyone, I promise that I'm sorting out another thread for us to debate and vote on what we want in the resolution.

I can't remember how we decided to do the poll. Can anyone help? I've PM'ed Moleman and he's not replied.

Someone help! Thanks. :tongue:

Quoted a few of you in, hopefully you can help:

Multiple Choice public poll with the options of actions, can't remember the different types of action
Reply 75
Original post by Morgsie
Multiple Choice public poll with the options of actions, can't remember the different types of action

Did the actions include stanlas' ideas?

eg (I quote): economic sanction, diplomatic pressure, full military intervention, peacekeeping force, humanitarian aid for civilians, boycott Syria's allies and arms providers, recognise the rebel government
Reply 76
Original post by RoryS
Did the actions include stanlas' ideas?

eg (I quote): economic sanction, diplomatic pressure, full military intervention, peacekeeping force, humanitarian aid for civilians, boycott Syria's allies and arms providers, recognise the rebel government

Yes probably
Reply 77
Original post by Morgsie
Yes probably

Okay, thanks.
Reply 78
See this thread for Post-summit Voting & Discussion: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2046387

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending