The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Depends on the setting...I'm 27 and feel old for uni, but am definitely the baby in work, where I'm a good 15-30 years younger than most of my colleagues!
As long as you're still economically active (working). Once you retire you don't really have the funds to embark on new ventures.
Reply 22
When you start getting white hair.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent

I like to think of life as having three principal segments;

0-30 = young
30-60 = middle aged
60-90 = old

Above this, very old.

Haha, I'm pretty sure most 30 year olds would be pretty shocked if someone called them "middle aged"! I realise it's not a clearly defined term, but I think it tends to be associated with people around 45-55
20 or 21.
Reply 25
Original post by Megaross
I'm always gonna have a mental age of 6, if I stop finding the word willy funny then shoot me in the face. Don't even ask just point and shoot.

I just laughed at willy...
Reply 26
Original post by Stratos
I just laughed at willy...

It's a funny word!
I think when you are 21 you have no chance of getting away with it
I think you should act in accordance with your age, life circumstances and responsibilities. For example, a 19 year old with a baby shouldn't be out clubbing every night because it's irresponsible, however if you're 30 with no kids then that's up to you as you're not harming anyone.
Reply 29
I'm 20 and I still watch SpongeBob.
Original post by ThePants999

Though much of it is down to whether you feel young or not, I'd say for most this is a good number.

Edit:

^ Spongebob will never get old!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
I don't think people on here know many 30 years olds if they think a 30 year old is middle aged.

Also when did the life expectancy become 60?

I'm in my early 20s btw.
It's hard to say really. It is quite the frame of mind!
I'm 26 and I don't feel very young because of what I am looking for in life right now, but I'm sure there are those 10 years older who have a much younger outlook.
Reply 33
Original post by INTJ
once you're in your late 20s - early 30s, you're not really considered young anymore.

A person in his late twenties is still young if I am not mistaken.
It`s not like you suddenly turn old at 27.
You're only as old as the person you feel :colone:
Original post by Airfairy
What do you class as the age where you can stop saying "I'm still young" as an excuse for not having done things you want to/doing silly things?

When you get married/co-habitating and have kids.
Original post by im so academic
When you get married/co-habitating and have kids.

What about if "I'm still young" is your excuse for not having done that..? Does it still count even if you're 90?
Reply 37
30 that's when I plan to ditch the short skirts and hot pants
Reply 38
When you're dead. I have a great uncle that's 71 but acts 21 and he manages just fine.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest