The Student Room Group

Would you have a relationship with a transgender person?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
it's not really a man though is it, it's a woman with a mutilated vagina that dresses like a man.

nope, he would be a man.

to answer the original question, yes I would.
do we really need this thread? - fair enough, all of you can go yes/know... but enevitably it will be filled with ignorant/offensive comments towards trans people

and speaking as a transwoman, i dont really see this accomplishing anything usefull, but to give a platform for hatefull comments...
hmmm... while i fully accept their GENDER as being the one they feel... i'm not sure if i would... i really wouldn't know unless i were in that situation... 50% of me is saying yes, 50% is saying no... but now while i'm thinking about it... 80% of me is saying yes, 20% no... i really can't think why i wouldn't... so if i were sexually attracted to them both physically and personally (like anyone else) then yes, probably.

if they were post op then yes if they were pre op/not considering op then no.
(edited 11 years ago)
Probably. Y'see, I'm a collector of tricks. Pure sensualist, mixed with a soupçon of eccentricity, and a dash of perversion.

Plus we could talk about sports and **** after banging. That'd be boss.
Reply 24
Original post by fallen_acorns
do we really need this thread? - fair enough, all of you can go yes/know... but enevitably it will be filled with ignorant/offensive comments towards trans people

and speaking as a transwoman, i dont really see this accomplishing anything usefull, but to give a platform for hatefull comments...

well really we don't need any threads they are just ways for people to talk about/ see peoples opinions on things that interest them and most threads don't accomplish anything useful. Most of the problems people have to do with trans people are todo with it being "strange" and unusually so making it something we "shouldn't" talk about to avoid these comments will keep it seeming strange because people will never hear about it.
Rofl, no
Original post by blu tack
nope, he would be a man.

how come?
Reply 27
I'm a pansexual, genderfluid person, and yes.

Why are the transpeople not included in the poll?
Reply 28
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
how come?

because someone who is assigned as female at birth and then changes their sex legally or personally to match their gender (i.e male), is a man. just like someone who is assigned male at birth and whose gender is male is a man.
Original post by boba
well really we don't need any threads they are just ways for people to talk about/ see peoples opinions on things that interest them and most threads don't accomplish anything useful. Most of the problems people have to do with trans people are todo with it being "strange" and unusually so making it something we "shouldn't" talk about to avoid these comments will keep it seeming strange because people will never hear about it.

Its all well and good talking about it in a civil manar... but i just hope people keep in mind that being transgender is very tough+ can cause people to have a pretty hard life... i mean 40% of trans people try and kill themselves, and most have to live under constant hate/harrassment/abuse/troubles... before they go posting hurtfull coments...
Reply 30
Nooope, honestly the whole transgender thing just kind of weirds me out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
Alas, no.
Reply 32
I'm a heterosexual bloke
No
lol too true, but that's an interesting question too
how the hell can you turn a dick into vagina? ugh
If I loved them, then sure, why not? It doesn't make a difference to me so long as they're a good person and are kind.
I think it would really be something I'd have to confront at the time. I honestly don't know. I think it would be strange to view someone who, y'know, looked like a man, as a woman, but on the other hand it just is difficult to know how you'd feel in advance. It's an easy option to burnish your liberal credentials by saying you would, but in reality I know it's something a lot of people have problems with, and I'm really not sure how I'd feel at the time - though I'd really hope it wouldn't matter.
Homosexual man. If the transgener person was female->male and attractive, and I also liked them and had chemistry, I would cnsider dating. :smile:
Original post by SleepySheep
Rofl, no

Nice to see peoples medical conditions amuses you.

If I knew them well enough yes.
I actually need ask 1 qualifier....are asking about pre-op or post-op or either? Also I don't understand why some people are saying now. Purely out of curiosity can someone explain to me why they wouldn't?

Quick Reply

Latest