The Student Room Group

How Many Countries Have You Been To?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
I might have posted this before, but I think its 21.

Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, England, Wales, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Monaco, Vatican, Slovenia, Malta, UAE, Liechtenstein, Hungary.
Reply 341
20 for me
Reply 342
Original post by CJKay
France, Italy, Spain (including Lanzarote and Majorca), Gibraltar, Turkey, Tunisia, Southern Ireland, America and Greece. Maybe others, but it's hard to remember. One holiday abroad every year of my life, but some are the same places/countries and 3 are cruises because I'm a snobby middle-class bastard.

Think you might be cheating by counting Gibraltar as a country.
Reply 343
Original post by dgeorge
How was antigua, out of curiosity?

Wooow. Antigua! Going there in a week, for the 8th consecutive time

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
UK (I live here), France, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, USA, UAE, India, South Africa

So that's nine :smile:
Original post by Gales
To those who went to Malta: what's it like? It's always intrigued me :tongue:

I really like Malta! Though I may be a little biased- my dad's side of the family are all from Malta, and I lived there for a year when I was about four or five years old (not that I can remember much of living there!)

It definitely has its own unique feel, with lots of history and beautiful architecture, particularly in Valletta, the capital. I know people often compare it to places like Sicily and Italy, but when you get there you can tell it's a different country- the crazy language, the food, and the architecture make it stand out. It's a country which has been through a lot, and you can feel the influences of the different cultures and periods which have a lasting impact.

Malta isn't known for its beaches but rather it's rocky shores and harbours with lots of beautiful, colourful Maltese boats. Personally, I don't rate the food very well, and the standard of some of the hotels is a little dubious, so if you ever do visit I'd recommend renting a villa or flat perhaps so that you can do your own food shopping (the worst food is usually in the hotels).

And there's some good nightlife in Paceville and St. Julian's if you fancy a bit of that, too.

I'll stop trying to sell it to you now, haha.
Uk, France, Spain (x3), Portugal, Malta, Iceland (x2), Canada, USA (x8), Mexico, UAE and India.

So 11 different countries.
12: UK, France, Greece, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany ,Czech Republic and the USA :smile:
Reply 348
All around the UK, USA, France, Italy, Vatican city, Malta and China/Hong kong. Some multiple times, adding another country to the list later on in the year, love travelling ^.^
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cath-ay
All around the UK, USA, France, Italy, Vatican city, Malta, Sicily and China/Hong kong. Some multiple times, adding another country to the list later on in the year, love travelling ^.^

Sicily isn't a country, it's apart of Italy.
Reply 350
Original post by benten17
Wooow. Antigua! Going there in a week, for the 8th consecutive time

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Awesome! I'm here right now (I live here that is)
Reply 351
Original post by postman pat
Sicily isn't a country, it's apart of Italy.

oops , my bad o.o
The UK, Isle Of Man (it counts), Netherlands (only to transfer at the airport, but in the Netherlands nonetheless), Luxembourg, Greece and Cyprus.
Reply 353
let's see:
Bulgaria (native),Turkey (x2), Greece, Italy(>10, mom lives there), Czech Republic, San Marino, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Norway, Luxembourg, UK, Hungary, France and Brazil
so that makes 18 :smile: I absolutely love traveling :smile:
UK, Ireland, France, Greece, Cyprus, Spain, Morocco, USA.
Reply 355
usa, zimbabwe, mozambique and uk
UK, Spain (x12), France and Tunisia... My family like Spain :lol:
2 countries including UK
Reply 358
Europe: UK, France, Greece, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Spain, Finland, Turkey, (Bulgaria, going next week - lads holiday).

Carribean countries: Barbados, Dominican Republic, St Lucia, St Martin, Antigua

Africa: South Africa, Zambia, Tunisia

Other: USA

There's probably a couple that I've forgotten, but 19 in 18 years, that isn't too bad!
Reply 359
9: UK, France, Germany, Canada, US, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Spain and Belgium. Hopefully India and Morocco soon!

Quick Reply

Latest