The Student Room Group

My guy friends tried to touch, kiss me when they were drunk!?!?!

I rarely go out and drink till I get drunk. However, last Friday we got our results for 1st year uni so I got a bit sober... I was also upset as I need to take the resit exam.

They are all my group mates who I see everyday at uni. Usually, I can notice one of them paying a bit more attention to me, compliment me ect ect. The main thing is I dont want to have any awkward relationship in our group. So I basically friendzoned my group mates.

Recently, 2 of the guys texted around 3 times me to find out if I would go out. I didnt think much abt it as I thought it was normal to ask. The 3rd one never showed any affection towards me.

When I was sober and waiting for my girl friends, the 1st guy who usually shows he cares for me, came up. He started asking if I am ok. Then he immediately tried to kiss me... I went backwards like oooohhh and pulled away from his face. However, his lips did touch my lips... I was really pissed off! I didt expect it and also it was so rude to me! He went off right after as he was angry!??!

The 2sd guy went out with his GF. He never shows any affection towards me so I kinda feel more comfortable with him. He said hi to me and tried to hug me. I hugged him and then all the sudden, he lifted me up!!! I was shocked! I am quite heavy and tall tbh... ( 1m7 68kg ) so I was like WTH! Then he put me back to the floor and I think he tried to touch my bottom but he missed it as my skirt was floaty! I was freaked out!!!!

The 3rd guy who is always being nice to me as a friend. He recently did start being a bit touchy eg he touched my hair playfully ect. It was fine to me.
When I was in a club, he came from behind me and touched my hair... I didnt know who that was and I turned around, he grabbed my cheek and started touching my face like I am a baby!!! I was like WTH!!! I didnt have time to react, he kissed on my forehead and went off!!! WTH!

The 4th guy is my senior who is 1 year older than me. He is quite close to me so he knows I was upset. Normally, I try my best not to send any wrong signals to him or being over friendly as he was my best friend's ex... On Friday, I was crying before going out due to my bad result, he tried to cheer me up so he hugged me and touched my arm ect ect. I didnt think it was weird till he got drunk. He kept asking me along the night if I am ok, I said yes many time. Then at 3 times, he stood behind me and held both of my arms to make me dance... he was like hugging me from the behind if that makes sense. It would be much better and normal to me if he did that in front of my face... He always tried to stand next to me and touched my hands accidentally while we were dancing... so weird as he is like my brother...

Are they all trying to play with me? They are my good group mates when they are not drunk! What happened to them? :frown:( I am scared of my drunken guy friends now! I feel like when they are drunk all they want is to be touchy...
Oh god get over yourself!! Almost sounds like you came on here to boast.
Give clear signals you are just friends and stop advances such as the hair touching etc as if you smile and accept it then the guy thinks its okay to go further.
I remember my first beer...
Reply 3
Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil
Give clear signals you are just friends and stop advances such as the hair touching etc as if you smile and accept it then the guy thinks its okay to go further.

Oh dear! I was so shocked at that time... also he went on kissing my forehead immediately after that...

I have NEVER ever sent any mixed signals to any of them. I kept distant and stuffs so that is why I am annoyed that they actively touched me when they were drunk. What can I do???? Shout? Run? or what??? At the end of the day, I will see them again every single day for the next 2 years... I need to maintain the friendship to work together!
Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil

Sorry to say this but you'd better not comment if you would hurt the little girl more...
Original post by Anonymous
I rarely go out and drink till I get drunk. However, last Friday we got our results for 1st year uni so I got a bit sober... I was also upset as I need to take the resit exam.

They are all my group mates who I see everyday at uni. Usually, I can notice one of them paying a bit more attention to me, compliment me ect ect. The main thing is I dont want to have any awkward relationship in our group. So I basically friendzoned my group mates.

Recently, 2 of the guys texted around 3 times me to find out if I would go out. I didnt think much abt it as I thought it was normal to ask. The 3rd one never showed any affection towards me.

When I was sober and waiting for my girl friends, the 1st guy who usually shows he cares for me, came up. He started asking if I am ok. Then he immediately tried to kiss me... I went backwards like oooohhh and pulled away from his face. However, his lips did touch my lips... I was really pissed off! I didt expect it and also it was so rude to me! He went off right after as he was angry!??!

The 2sd guy went out with his GF. He never shows any affection towards me so I kinda feel more comfortable with him. He said hi to me and tried to hug me. I hugged him and then all the sudden, he lifted me up!!! I was shocked! I am quite heavy and tall tbh... ( 1m7 68kg ) so I was like WTH! Then he put me back to the floor and I think he tried to touch my bottom but he missed it as my skirt was floaty! I was freaked out!!!!

The 3rd guy who is always being nice to me as a friend. He recently did start being a bit touchy eg he touched my hair playfully ect. It was fine to me.
When I was in a club, he came from behind me and touched my hair... I didnt know who that was and I turned around, he grabbed my cheek and started touching my face like I am a baby!!! I was like WTH!!! I didnt have time to react, he kissed on my forehead and went off!!! WTH!

The 4th guy is my senior who is 1 year older than me. He is quite close to me so he knows I was upset. Normally, I try my best not to send any wrong signals to him or being over friendly as he was my best friend's ex... On Friday, I was crying before going out due to my bad result, he tried to cheer me up so he hugged me and touched my arm ect ect. I didnt think it was weird till he got drunk. He kept asking me along the night if I am ok, I said yes many time. Then at 3 times, he stood behind me and held both of my arms to make me dance... he was like hugging me from the behind if that makes sense. It would be much better and normal to me if he did that in front of my face... He always tried to stand next to me and touched my hands accidentally while we were dancing... so weird as he is like my brother...

Are they all trying to play with me? They are my good group mates when they are not drunk! What happened to them? :frown:( I am scared of my drunken guy friends now! I feel like when they are drunk all they want is to be touchy...

Ask them personally if they remember what they have done. If they said yes, ask why. If they said no, then you would just assume they were drunk. At least, they would know you did not like it.
Reply 6
Original post by TheInformer
what the **** am I reading?!?

What do you mean?
What do you mean?

People do unexpected things when they're drunk, you are over-dramatizing the situation by ten-fold. Also the guys most likely want to jump your bones if they're getting all 'touchy-feely', they just don't have the guts to do it when they're sober.
Reply 8
Original post by TheInformer
People do unexpected things when they're drunk, you are over-dramatizing the situation by ten-fold. Also the guys most likely want to jump your bones if they're getting all 'touchy-feely', they just don't have the guts to do it when they're sober.

That is why I say they should not be doing so to me. They are drunk but it does not mean they can kiss me whenever they want. Especially when they are my friends whom I think are my good mates and brother, they should think about how I feel! If they like me, tell me when they are not drunk. They know I do not like them then why using the being drunk excuse to make me feel awkward?! If you are saying for guys in general then I feel so disappointed!!
That is why I say they should not be doing so to me. They are drunk but it does not mean they can kiss me whenever they want. Especially when they are my friends whom I think are my good mates and brother, they should think about how I feel! If they like me, tell me when they are not drunk. They know I do not like them then why using the being drunk excuse to make me feel awkward?! If you are saying for guys in general then I feel so disappointed!!

You're right, it doesn't mean they can kiss you, it is just what people sometimes do when they've had a drink, just tell them you don't like it.

Quick Reply

Latest