The Student Room Group

What's your opinions on UCAS Adjustment ? Yay or Nay ?

say you over-achieved the required grades for your firm, should you try getting into a 'better' uni that asks for higher grades ? is it worth it seeing as you already spent a lot of months researching and knowing a lot about your firm uni's accomodation, unions/societies, the area etc etc but would not even know half as much as your original firm uni in the case of the other uni(s) you're looking at through adjustment..? in a pickle :/
Reply 1
Original post by tdkr
say you over-achieved the required grades for your firm, should you try getting into a 'better' uni that asks for higher grades ? is it worth it seeing as you already spent a lot of months researching and knowing a lot about your firm uni's accomodation, unions/societies, the area etc etc but would not even know half as much as your original firm uni in the case of the other uni(s) you're looking at through adjustment..? in a pickle :/

You probably won't get accommodation at the new uni, and by August it's quite late to start finding private accommodation.
Original post by Wraysford
You probably won't get accommodation at the new uni, and by August it's quite late to start finding private accommodation.

How about those who go into clearing and get a place they find accommodation, so it cannot be impossible I'm sure they would prepare for such cases and there are those who do not met their offers which may have had accommodation but will not be attending????

OP depends what is on offer I guess and apparently if you do not find a adjustment then you still enroll on your offer I've heard....
Reply 3
Though it seems a bit counter-logic, it's nice that it's there. I had a friend who last year had a place at Exeter and managed to get into Bristol when he got his grades (though they originally rejected him).
Reply 4
Original post by fnm
Though it seems a bit counter-logic, it's nice that it's there. I had a friend who last year had a place at Exeter and managed to get into Bristol when he got his grades (though they originally rejected him).

wow, what is your friend studying now ?

yes i've heard you still retain your original firm offer unless you are accepted into a different uni through adj'ment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending