The Student Room Group

Ron Paul On Syrian intervention to Congress

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Can't really blame you. What's the point in studying policy-making and America's political structure as well as international relations when you can just spout some rhetoric? All you need to know is the following terms; military-industrial complex, mainstream media, lobbying, zionism and imperialism and voila you're now a political scholar.:proud:

I really like your posts lol.
Reply 21
Original post by ak137
Lmao, you have to be dumb, deaf and blind to not notice who is really pulling the strings on the politicians in the congress. :rofl:

Few people will deny that Israel has some form of influence within the US, but it takes someone blinded by conspiracy and shallow prejudice to seriously believe that such influence translates into the type of power you are suggesting it has over the country's running.
Reply 22
OP, this isn't world war 2... nor is it world war 3. Yet.
Reply 23
Original post by ANARCHY__
I'm not denying there is some kind of lobbying power or a vague existence of a plut- or oligarchy but to try and fashion that as a manifestation of a Zionist agenda, I can't understand how that works.

What? :lolwut: I didnt state such things. You do realise that most American politicians would vote to enter a war alongside Israel, if it declared a war on polar bears, right?

I'm not denying there is some kind of lobbying power or a vague existence of a plut- or oligarchy - So you've literally gone back on your position.

Original post by prog2djent
No, I've researched it enough, of course there are congress people who are controlled by such forces, as there are with big business, and unions.

But thinking everything is controlled by Israel and zionists according to arabs and muslims. Its a shame and guilt complex ever since the Israeli war, various scapegoating and internal failure.

AM_AiYOu4zQ

I love these "self criticism", "honest arab", "liberal egyptian author", "liberal cleric" videos, its a nice break from the hate filled junk we usually see.
1) When have I ever said everything was controlled by Israel? :lolwut:

Again, Zionists are paranoid.
2) Arabs and Muslims? :lolwut:

Can't really blame you. What's the point in studying policy-making and America's political structure as well as international relations when you can just spout some rhetoric? All you need to know is the following terms; military-industrial complex, mainstream media, lobbying, zionism and imperialism and voila you're now a political scholar.:proud:

Is this meant to be sarcastic? (doesnt come across well over the internet, so its hard to tell). You dont need to study IR to know about history and the present.
Reply 24
Original post by Dog4444
No.

The problem is, all the information we get can't be 100% relied on, even physics laws and stuff.

Now, if I ask you to prove that US/UK government is not controlled by Jewish/Zionists will you manage to do so?

I don't know about the information, but the laws of physics can be 100% relied upon. Period. We have never, ever seen them broken.
Reply 25
Original post by rawkus
Few people will deny that Israel has some form of influence within the US, but it takes someone blinded by conspiracy and shallow prejudice to seriously believe that such influence translates into the type of power you are suggesting it has over the country's running.

The thing is, its not a conspiracy. American congress serves Israel and it is evident everytime a president goes over there and speaks. :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by rawkus

It's not about Israel, it's about the Jews who control the most important things -money, politics, business.

I don't even say that's a bad thing, because it can be arguable.

Original post by Fynch101
I don't know about the information, but the laws of physics can be 100% relied upon. Period. We have never, ever seen them broken.

Again, broken logic. It doesn't imply they're true, it just means we "never, ever seen them broken".
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ak137
Is this meant to be sarcastic? (doesnt come across well over the internet, so its hard to tell). You dont need to study IR to know about history and the present.

Yup. All you need is Russia Today and Press TV and a little wikipedia.

Original post by Dog4444
You still haven't explained why it's not.

Well, there is one vid I love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs

Hate arguing with "humanitarians". No logic and explanation behind their statements.

Again, can you disprove anything from this video or can you prove it's not controlled by Jews?

Burden of proof = you prove to me not I prove to you otherwise you still have yet to prove to me life isn't a dream or that Obama isn't a big Kenya conspiracy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Dog4444

Again, broken logic. It doesn't imply they're true, it just means we "never, ever seen them broken".

What? Do you even understand what logic is? That means it is true. Have you even known anyone not to die? well that is why death is a certain event over one's existence. Know your betters.
Reply 29

Burden of proof = you prove to me not I prove to you otherwise you still have yet to prove to me life isn't a dream or that Obama isn't a big Kenya conspiracy.

Oh, ok. Check this vid out. I hope you will be able to disprove anything said there.

Original post by Fynch101
What? Do you even understand what logic is? That means it is true. Have you even known anyone not to die? well that is why death is a certain event over one's existence. Know your betters.

Ok.
Original post by rawkus

Some form of influence is an understatement: the fact that the U.S. continuously vetoes any anti-Israel resolutions at the United Nations; Israel is the U.S.'s highest foreign aid beneficiary; and that the Iraq war was pushed almost exclusively by influential pro-Israel neocons (Wolfowitz, Abrams, Kristol, Kagan etc) says otherwise.
I agree with much of what he is saying. Regime change is risky, we can't guarantee who will take power and as has been the case in Eygpt and Libya these successors may not necessarily particularly pro western. I'd prefer to stay out of Syrian affairs on the condition military action in civilian areas is scaled back and terrorist cells are not tolerated.

Its selfish but I'd prefer to stand by while a nasty, but benign and malleable dictator rules, than at great cost install a hostile 'democratic state'.

I also think people see the US-Israel relationship incorrectly. The US is using Israel, but as such does need to make some concessions. Israeli intelligence in the area must be invaluable for the CIA. As the US has shown time and time again, it serves only its own interests, its just that currently those dovetail nicely with Israel's.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32

Says the person who uses wikipedia to tell me how knowledgable he is about rap? :rofl:
Original post by ak137
Says the person who uses wikipedia to tell me how knowledgable he is about rap? :rofl:

Anyone who read my post would be able to tell it was being sarcastic.
Reply 34
Original post by Stalin
Some form of influence is an understatement: the fact that the U.S. continuously vetoes any anti-Israel resolutions at the United Nations; Israel is the U.S.'s highest foreign aid beneficiary; and that the Iraq war was pushed almost exclusively by influential pro-Israel neocons (Wolfowitz, Abrams, Kristol, Kagan etc) says otherwise.

Indeed. However i would not say that this proves that Congress is 'run' by Israelies/ Zionists as this other guy is saying. Israel is of great geopolitical interest in the region, so ofcourse it is in the united state's interests to empower their ally and keep them sweet.
Reply 35
Anyone who read my post would be able to tell it was being sarcastic.

Well yeah, you were being sarcastic, in a way you were mocking wikipedia - even though you use it. Hypocrite. Unless of course, you think PressTV is a legit source of info.
Original post by ak137
What? :lolwut: I didnt state such things. You do realise that most American politicians would vote to enter a war alongside Israel, if it declared a war on polar bears, right?

I'm not denying there is some kind of lobbying power or a vague existence of a plut- or oligarchy - So you've literally gone back on your position.

Original post by ak137
Ron Paul, unlike Obama, Cameron, bush and others, has balls to say stuff like this in front of a Israeli/Zionist controlled Congress. Props to him. It's no wonder he wasn't invited to the AIPAC conference, unlike his fellow Republican nominees lol.

There's a gulf of difference between a military and strategic pact to the US government being controlled by Zionists and the Israelis. And no, I disagree that America follows Israel's every whim and command.

My statement about political structure had nothing to do with Zionists. Perhaps you inferred this? I was talking about interest groups from within America.
Original post by ak137
Well yeah, you were being sarcastic, in a way you were mocking wikipedia - even though you use it. Hypocrite. Unless of course, you think PressTV is a legit source of info.

No, I was being sarcastic in my use of wikipedia earlier it wasn't serious. I mean how could me saying "I've read the wikipedia page bro, I know about rap" be interpreted as me being serious. Hahaha come on. If someone said "I know about maths bro, I read the wikipedia page" would you think they were being serious?
Reply 38
Original post by ANARCHY__
There's a gulf of difference between a military and strategic pact to the US government being controlled by Zionists and the Israelis. And no, I disagree that America follows Israel's every whim and command.

My statement about political structure had nothing to do with Zionists. Perhaps you inferred this? I was talking about interest groups from within America.

Meh, its your loss.
Reply 39
No, I was being sarcastic in my use of wikipedia earlier it wasn't serious. I mean how could me saying "I've read the wikipedia page bro, I know about rap" be interpreted as me being serious. Hahaha come on. If someone said "I know about maths bro, I read the wikipedia page" would you think they were being serious?

Erm no, you were actually being serious. And now that ive caught you out, you're backtracking/trying to, but failing miserably. :rofl:

Oh my. :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest