The Student Room Group

MUN Newspaper

The HOC has seen the successful introduction of a newspaper, Ad HOC, which I help to run.

I just wanted to gauge levels of support here for an MUN newspaper/magazine, covering MUN news, business and other such delights.

It would be good to have a joint publication as an ultimate goal, as this can be spread across TSR to attract new members.

Any takers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good idea. I'd be happy to help if you need any contributors.
Original post by Birchington
The HOC has seen the successful introduction of a newspaper, Ad HOC, which I help to run.

I just wanted to gauge levels of support here for an MUN newspaper/magazine, covering MUN news, business and other such delights.

It would be good to have a joint publication as an ultimate goal, as this can be spread across TSR to attract new members.

Any takers?

If it's done like the HoC newspaper then I say go for it, a great idea!
Interviews, speculation about international events, maybe a coloumn from a person reguarly or a guest colomnist. Something like that.
Reply 3
I'm happy to edit this as well as Ad HOC, if people are OK with that. If anyone wants to help out as Deputy Editor or with articles/content please get in touch!

It seemed a shame to neglect the MUN.
Reply 4
I'm happy to edit this as well as Ad HOC, if people are OK with that. If anyone wants to help out as Deputy Editor or with articles/content please get in touch!

It seemed a shame to neglect the MUN.

I could be Deputy Editor or write content, if you want. :tongue:
Reply 5
Any name suggestions?

MUNews

Or even better, Ban-Ki Tribune :tongue:
Reply 6
I am happy to be involved, Providing EU stuff etc
Reply 7
Original post by Cmmah
I could be Deputy Editor or write content, if you want. :tongue:
Awesome! It works really well having an editorial team comprised of an older and newer member, as is the case with Ad HOC. I'll be in touch ASAP.
Reply 8
Le MUNde? (Play on words for 'Le Monde")
Sorry, that's awful.
Reply 9
Original post by Morgsie
I am happy to be involved, Providing EU stuff etc
It would be great to have you on board, as I'd like to extend coverage to blocs as well as the wider MUN.
Reply 10
Original post by Cmmah
Sorry, that's awful.

Cheesy comes to mind
Reply 11
Original post by Morgsie
Cheesy comes to mind

I know, I'm ashamed :ashamed2:
Original post by Cmmah
Sorry, that's awful.

Pretty clever actually.
Reply 13
Great idea - Cmmah will be a good Deputy Editor here.

I won't be helping out here as well as I think it would be good to give others a chance, so please support Birchington in his next mission. :tongue:
Reply 14
Good idea, I'm willing to contribute :smile:
Reply 15
Aye, I'd be willing to contribute. Or even draw those editorial comic strips.

Lib Dems might enjoy this.
Any name suggestions?

MUNews

Or even better, Ban-Ki Tribune :tongue:

I actually think that in all seriousness is a great name. As ever Birchington good move, love the idea. Fully support you.
Reply 17
Do you have anything in mind about the structure of the paper, how often it will be published, how big it will be etc?
Reply 18
I was thinking of doing something about the EU Bloc for the First Issue and subsequent issues will be all recent developments
Reply 19
Original post by SunderX
Aye, I'd be willing to contribute. Or even draw those editorial comic strips.

Lib Dems might enjoy this.
That is fantastic, and pretty accurate :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending