The Student Room Group

Ernst and Young Internship Costs

Hi there,

I am considering applying for a London EY Internship in tax for next Summer. However, I'm not sure I can afford the necessary commuting and/or accommodation costs during the 6 weeks. I would be grateful if anyone could advise me whether Ernst and Young pay for any of this? It appears unclear on the website if the internship itself is paid any form of salary?

Many thanks in advance,
Original post by nick1987
Hi there,

I am considering applying for a London EY Internship in tax for next Summer. However, I'm not sure I can afford the necessary commuting and/or accommodation costs during the 6 weeks. I would be grateful if anyone could advise me whether Ernst and Young pay for any of this? It appears unclear on the website if the internship itself is paid any form of salary?

Many thanks in advance,
The internship is paid :yep: I'm afraid that I'm not aware of the actual rate (it's now many years since I interned with EY, and I'm based in the regions rather than London); it's enough to make a difference and I'd expect it to be enough to at least cover reasonable costs.
EY was 20k per annum approx for the internship this year.
Reply 3
Thanks a lot, seems reasonable and should cover accommodation costs. :smile:
Be aware that this is per annum, so you have to divide it by 52 weeks and then multiply it by 6 for the number of weeks you're working. Either way, it's enough to make it worth it. And if you're worried, then maybe apply to a regional office.
Reply 5
I interned last year in the regions and got paid around £2k for the 6 weeks.

You should expect around that amount. You'll most likely be getting £1k about a week into the Internship, and another £1k 3/4 weeks into it.

So you will need to shell out some money from your pocket at the start to book accommodation, but it'll be offset relatively quickly once you start work.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Of course they will pay byt honestly, people will pay E&Y to get the chance for internship and the competition is fierce, apply for it and you can ask them all the questions once you are accepted. Seriously, that how many people get their job because they performed well at internship.
Reply 7
Is the internship only open to people in Uni?

I've just finished year 12 and I want to apply for the 3 year scholarship next year, does anybody know when applications will open & if you have to be in year 12 or year 13 to apply?

Thank you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by SamHLFC
Is the internship only open to people in Uni?

I've just finished year 12 and I want to apply for the 3 year scholarship next year, does anybody know when applications will open & if you have to be in year 12 or year 13 to apply?

Thank you :smile:

The internship is just for penultimate year university students, unfortunately. There are other opportunities with EY, though - see here: http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Careers/Students/Your-role-here/Students---Undergraduates
Reply 9
Original post by Illusionary
The internship is just for penultimate year university students, unfortunately. There are other opportunities with EY, though - see here: http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Careers/Students/Your-role-here/Students---Undergraduates

I'm not an undergraduate student, I am still in sixth form about to start Upper Sixth (Year 13) and I was just wondering whether then3 year scholarship still runs & when it opens to applications for 2013 uni entry

Original post by SamHLFC
I'm not an undergraduate student, I am still in sixth form about to start Upper Sixth (Year 13) and I was just wondering whether then3 year scholarship still runs & when it opens to applications for 2013 uni entry

Ah, perhaps this? http://www.ey.com/UK/en/Careers/Students/Your-role-here/Schools---EY-Degree

Applications for the EY Degree are via the usual UCAS process.
What months does the internship take place in?