The Student Room Group

How much will I miss out on by going home every weekend?

Scroll to see replies

You'll miss out on some aspects but not an awful lot to be honest.
Monthly basis seems good enough how else will you build and strengthen the new relationships you’ve formed at your uni ?

I think that’s the main thing youll miss out on so you may be left out of the loop for those last minute get togethers.

Apart from that it does tend to be quieter on the weekend but who knows the best nights tend to be the ones which are unplanned.
Reply 22
I think a lot of it will depend on who you end up living with. I went to visit my boyfriend at his uni every other week and he would visit me the other weeks and I found I really didn't miss out on anything apart from the occasional usual night out and it was the same at my boyfriend's. A lot of the people in my block went home at the weekends to work/visit family or boyfriends/girlfriends etc.

I'd just wait until you get there and see how it goes. I remember speaking to one girl in my tutor group who said she found she was going home more often than she had originally planned to because her friends/flat etc just weren't about at weekends but I knew others who did a lot at the weekend.

Quick Reply

Latest