The Student Room Group

What is the Longest Fifa Career mode you've ever had?

I'm at the start of my 13th Season in Career mode, just about to start my second season at Juventus.

I've never stuck to one career before i usually start multiples ones which get boring after 3 or 4 seasons and then i start another with another team. I never used to move around to different clubs in one manager mode but i've done that now and managed 6 clubs.

I was wondering whats the longest career you guys have had and if you think it's more fulfilling. having a long career for 10 seasons for example or starting numerous careers and playing each until they die and starting new ones?

What honours have you guys won in your careers aswell.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not being tremendously into FIFA and only playing it sparingly (usually at the same time as playing Football Manager or a slow-paced PC game like the X series where you could have very little to do for 5-10 minutes but stare at the computer screen as you fly around space), my longest career is a measly 3 seasons long - started at Man Utd and managed to work my way up into getting a first team spot, moved to St Etienne as captain because I wanted more first team action, didn't like being the best player at the club by quite some distance and feeling like I had to be involved in everything all the time for the club to be remotely successful (St Etienne were rubbish - virtually every goal they scored, I either got it or had the assist. They very rarely posed any threat to other teams, even the worse ones in the league, if I wasn't playing too well), so moved to Spurs where I could happily rely on my teammates to be competent and able to grind out a result even if I wasn't at my best.

Although I didn't play it that much, I did find the advancement through the ranks happened too quickly, and I can see why you might only stick at a career for 3-4 seasons; after all, I was far from the best but even I started out as a reserve in Man Utd and by the end of the first season I was getting offers for first team roles at some of the biggest clubs in Europe but (foolishly) chose to captain St Etienne for a change of pace; if you're good at the game, unlike myself, I can imagine that this would only be accelerated (perhaps you'd be getting key player or captaincy offers at these clubs)
Reply 2
3 yrs seeing the same kits after every season really annoyed me and the generic faces annoyed me alot
Reply 3
i think it was fifa 11 or 10 i stayed 15seasons with real madrid and i got an achievement for hitting 15th season, every player i knew no longer existed
Original post by Dalimyr
Not being tremendously into FIFA and only playing it sparingly (usually at the same time as playing Football Manager or a slow-paced PC game like the X series where you could have very little to do for 5-10 minutes but stare at the computer screen as you fly around space), my longest career is a measly 3 seasons long - started at Man Utd and managed to work my way up into getting a first team spot, moved to St Etienne as captain because I wanted more first team action, didn't like being the best player at the club by quite some distance and feeling like I had to be involved in everything all the time for the club to be remotely successful (St Etienne were rubbish - virtually every goal they scored, I either got it or had the assist. They very rarely posed any threat to other teams, even the worse ones in the league, if I wasn't playing too well), so moved to Spurs where I could happily rely on my teammates to be competent and able to grind out a result even if I wasn't at my best.

Although I didn't play it that much, I did find the advancement through the ranks happened too quickly, and I can see why you might only stick at a career for 3-4 seasons; after all, I was far from the best but even I started out as a reserve in Man Utd and by the end of the first season I was getting offers for first team roles at some of the biggest clubs in Europe but (foolishly) chose to captain St Etienne for a change of pace; if you're good at the game, unlike myself, I can imagine that this would only be accelerated (perhaps you'd be getting key player or captaincy offers at these clubs)

That's cool with mine i'm the manager and manage the whole team, but i've always wanted to do a be a pro career also. I did one last year, started off at Arsenal worked my way up and then moved to Barcelona.

Your be a pro career seems interesting perhaps i might try that this year once i finish my Career mode.
Original post by diggy
3 yrs seeing the same kits after every season really annoyed me and the generic faces annoyed me alot

True i get you, but once you reach around your 8th Season all the teams starting line ups have changed. Balotelli, Silva, Rooney, Van Persie would have all moved to other top European clubs so it does change.

I'ts also great when you move clubs and discover top players that they've signed. When i moved to Juve, not out of choice because my Sunderland Career came to an abrupt end because everytime i played it, it would freeze in December no matter how many times i started it again. My Sunderland team was on the verge of greatness aswell, was top of the league before it glitched on me!

But i'm happy i moved to Juve though, when i moved i saw Elia and Gervinho there and pretty much thought i could work with that, they had Chellini still and couple others. But when i looked on there bench after i had signed as you can only see the starting 11 when you get the offer, i found a few players i had been chasing to sign for my Sunderland Career so it's kinda exciting signing for team and finding out which players you inheret. When i signed for Sunderland in 6th Season they had just signed Moses who was an absolute BEAST from me until my 11th Season when i signed for Juve.

You should honestly try it, it's the best career i've ever had just move clubs if you get board of the kit or faces, move leagues etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by h_a_95
i think it was fifa 11 or 10 i stayed 15seasons with real madrid and i got an achievement for hitting 15th season, every player i knew no longer existed

Yeah i think it's good that it ends at 15 seasons because at that stage people who are 20 now are now 35 and retiring, if it continued any further the game would be full of a bunch of unknown players from Youth academy, every known player now would be gone so i think it's good.

In mine Ronaldo just retired and Messi is 36 lol YIKES, but i still sign players that are known like for instance Kyle Walker, just as long as they are you enough at the start of the Career as in under 21 you can still sign them and they play well. My Gervinho is 35 and so is my Elia but both were absolute beasts for me in my first year at Juve, Ramires was also 35 and still great so if you look past the ages of the players being in your 7th or 13th season isn't really that different.

How did you stay at the same team though? What an achievement didn't it get a little repetitive? How many honours did you win it must have been crazy right lol, 10 La Liga's, 8 Champions Leagues or something. Great career man i actually want to get a move to Real Madrid or Man City in my final season in this career hopefully, but obviously you can't predict who you get offer's from. But i either want to end up Spain or England for my final year.
I keep playing the Fifa's until the game no longer works. Fifa 07, I played for like 2 years and got to somewhere ridiculous. I think eventually I got to the very end of fifa and EA had made it so that you cannot play any further than that.

Basically all my fifa games break because I play them until the very 'end' :biggrin:
Original post by hamburgerandbeans
I keep playing the Fifa's until the game no longer works. Fifa 07, I played for like 2 years and got to somewhere ridiculous. I think eventually I got to the very end of fifa and EA had made it so that you cannot play any further than that.

Basically all my fifa games break because I play them until the very 'end' :biggrin:

Haha legend, are you talking about playing Manger mode to the very end or just playing the game itself. I usually get the new fifa whenever it comes out every year but would the old one stop working if i continually played it for like 2 3 years.

Fifa would probably do that on purpose so that you'd have to purchase the new game lol scams!
Original post by Alevelsareboring
Haha legend, are you talking about playing Manger mode to the very end or just playing the game itself. I usually get the new fifa whenever it comes out every year but would the old one stop working if i continually played it for like 2 3 years.

Fifa would probably do that on purpose so that you'd have to purchase the new game lol scams!

I did career modes. Also on Fifa 12, I decided to do a little 'experiment'. I wanted to see if this youth academy system was actually any good. So I took over Barcelona and sold all of their first team. I then got 3 scouts with 5 stars for judgement and experience. I then set up scouting networks in Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay and basically just got loads of youth players, brought them into the Barca first team and played them for 10 seasons to see if they were any good (I simmed all the matches for speed). When I got to about 10 seasons, the game jammed whenever I tried to load up my Barca team (although I could go on all my other manager modes).
Original post by hamburgerandbeans
I did career modes. Also on Fifa 12, I decided to do a little 'experiment'. I wanted to see if this youth academy system was actually any good. So I took over Barcelona and sold all of their first team. I then got 3 scouts with 5 stars for judgement and experience. I then set up scouting networks in Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay and basically just got loads of youth players, brought them into the Barca first team and played them for 10 seasons to see if they were any good (I simmed all the matches for speed). When I got to about 10 seasons, the game jammed whenever I tried to load up my Barca team (although I could go on all my other manager modes).

Yeah Fifa kinda sucks at that, my career mode froze half way through my 12th Season, i had just morphed my Sunderland into a Title Winning team and was top of the league battling with Chelsea when it froze. It would freeze every time i'd want to advance past a certain date. I reloaded all the previous saves of that same season but they were all corrupt. I even started my 12th Season again but playing all the fixtures that i had played before kinda got repetitive so i had to move. I played a full season at Juve and it didn't freeze once so i guess i've fixed it HOPEFULLY.

Yeah the whole scout network doesn't really work that well, in my career there aren't that many stars as in over 80 youth players in the game. I usually look at the top 150 players in my current career mode when i do transfer searches and the best youth player development is 85 for a CB, but there aren't really that many players who reach that level through the whole youth academy scheme. Most of the top 150 are current players like Messi, Neymar, Pato etc.

I kind of abandoned the whole Youth team concept because it's kinda pointless. You can sign the future Thierry Henry at 18 who has a 67 overall and a peak potential of 90 but if you don't play him week in week out he can't fufill it. When you put them on loan they either don't play or no one wants them. So it's kind of pointless if your at a Premier League Club because all your players would be better than your scouted players so they won't play. However, i think if you did assemble a team of 85 + potential youngsters and played it for 10 seasons you would end up with a star studded team i think?

When you got to around your 9th season before the game crashed how good was your team looking were they all 80+ overall or had they not really got better?
Reply 11
Original post by Alevelsareboring
True i get you, but once you reach around your 8th Season all the teams starting line ups have changed. Balotelli, Silva, Rooney, Van Persie would have all moved to other top European clubs so it does change.

I'ts also great when you move clubs and discover top players that they've signed. When i moved to Juve, not out of choice because my Sunderland Career came to an abrupt end because everytime i played it, it would freeze in December no matter how many times i started it again. My Sunderland team was on the verge of greatness aswell, was top of the league before it glitched on me!

But i'm happy i moved to Juve though, when i moved i saw Elia and Gervinho there and pretty much thought i could work with that, they had Chellini still and couple others. But when i looked on there bench after i had signed as you can only see the starting 11 when you get the offer, i found a few players i had been chasing to sign for my Sunderland Career so it's kinda exciting signing for team and finding out which players you inheret. When i signed for Sunderland in 6th Season they had just signed Moses who was an absolute BEAST from me until my 11th Season when i signed for Juve.

You should honestly try it, it's the best career i've ever had just move clubs if you get board of the kit or faces, move leagues etc.

I had a successful career at man united I had just signed kagawa, m'via,hummels,muller and benzema

the momentum became too much for me (it's the feeling that the CPU is controlling the game) f

or example I could play teams at the bottom of the league and despite all my players good form this low team would fight to the bitter end and always score goals at the 45th and 90th min and the goalie would save every shot from a 92 rated rooney

i've moved to PES now
Fifa Career mode is awful, I don't think I've ever done more than a full season.
Masterleague mode on PES on the other hand is fantastic - about the only thing they can seem to get right it seems.
I think my longest was around 4 seasons.

On football manager though I played a proper game for like 7 season. This doesn't include the 25 year holiday I took to come back and reliase players like Julio Baptista had started manging Tottenham :zomg:
Reply 14
Probably about 8 seasons as manager for Northampton Town and some other team (Juve I think). I got to the premiership, lost all the players I'd got and failed miserably, gave up due to budget, but got a job offer from Juventus. Won Serie A twice, got bored.
Reply 15
0 seasons.

I only ever play online.

Playing against the CPU is just not the same.
Messi has been reborn again.
About 3 seasons.

But I have palyed like 9 on Fb manager
In semi pro on FIFA 2011 I got oxford united in the premier league and just finished 11th in the first PL season

On 7th season

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 19
The longest career I remember having on Fifa was about 3 seasons. I turned Leeds United back into a competitive Premier League team, but then started to lose interest.

Now for a few others. :tongue:

On PES6 my longest career is coming up to its 25th season. As you can probably tell, this is my go-to game when I want to play these games. I haven't bought another PES or Fifa game since this one.

On Football Manager I got to either the 8th or 9th season. I started unemployed and got hired by Aldershot Town halfway through the first season. I eventually took them to League 1, where I stayed with them for 3 more seasons before moving to fellow League 1 team, Plymouth. I got them promoted back to the Championship and was also offered the position of England manager. That's save was the most fun I had playing Football Manager.

Quick Reply

Latest