The Student Room Group

SOS need help don't know what has happened to my offer????

I'm quite confused i checked my emails today and i got a notification that my UCAS application had been changed. To cut a long story short my Conditional firm choice at Glasgow has changed to an Unconditional. My entry requirements were a B at one of my highers and a c at one of my advanced highers or two c's at my advanced highers. I'm really confused can someone explain to me what has happened. :smile:
Original post by JohnS17
I'm quite confused i checked my emails today and i got a notification that my UCAS application had been changed. To cut a long story short my Conditional firm choice at Glasgow has changed to an Unconditional. My entry requirements were a B at one of my highers and a c at one of my advanced highers or two c's at my advanced highers. I'm really confused can someone explain to me what has happened. :smile:

Have you already achieved these grades, or are you waiting to hear about them in August?
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
Have you already achieved these grades, or are you waiting to hear about them in August?

I will find out in August if i have achieved them but i got an email saying that they are happy that i have confirmed the unconditional offer, and on track it says that my firm choice which was the conditional at glasgow is now an uncoditional and now i'm really confused. Do you think i should just phone them or what?? :smile:
Original post by JohnS17
I will find out in August if i have achieved them but i got an email saying that they are happy that i have confirmed the unconditional offer, and on track it says that my firm choice which was the conditional at glasgow is now an uncoditional and now i'm really confused. Do you think i should just phone them or what?? :smile:

Yeah, I think you should phone them and explain that you're still waiting on results. :p: It sounds like a error on their end to me, but the worst they're going to do is take it back to conditional and, contrary to popular opinion, mistakes made on UCAS are not binding so it's of no good to you at the moment if they didn't mean to make it unconditional.

The best that can happen is a nice surprise where they've decided they want you so much they're accepting you unconditionally. Very small chance, though, so prepare to be told it was an error. :wink:
Reply 4
Yeah, I think you should phone them and explain that you're still waiting on results. :p: It sounds like a error on their end to me, but the worst they're going to do is take it back to conditional and, contrary to popular opinion, mistakes made on UCAS are not binding so it's of no good to you at the moment if they didn't mean to make it unconditional.

The best that can happen is a nice surprise where they've decided they want you so much they're accepting you unconditionally. Very small chance, though, so prepare to be told it was an error. :wink:

Thanks very much for your help :smile:
Original post by JohnS17
Thanks very much for your help :smile:

You're welcome - hope it gets sorted out nice and quickly for you. :smile:
Reply 6
Phone both the uni and UCAS and explain the situation
Original post by M4LLY
Phone both the uni and UCAS and explain the situation

There's no need to phone UCAS - if it's genuine, nothing needs to be done; if it was an error, the university will sort it out from their end. :smile:
Original post by JohnS17
X

Did you have an insurance offer and, if so, what is that now displaying on UCAS?
Reply 9
Did you have an insurance offer and, if so, what is that now displaying on UCAS?

Yes i do and it is still under as my insurance which is what was confusing me if they had changed my offer shouldn't they have altered this. :smile:
It could be that your works been walked and the results have been sent to UCAS. I'm starting Glasgow in September, what are you studying?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by JohnS17
Yes i do and it is still under as my insurance which is what was confusing me if they had changed my offer shouldn't they have altered this. :smile:

Well, that's good news that nothing needs to be corrected there.

That it hasn't changed means that Glasgow probably did make a mistake - when the results come out and firms have been met, insurances are then informed they aren't needed. Have you got through to them yet?
Reply 12
I phoned up admissions at Glasgow apparently i achieved ABBB at my first sitting the entry requirements are AAAB meaning i was two a's away. I completed Top-up and achieved sufficent grades that meant that my entry requirements were lowered by a grade each. Instead of needing a two c's at my advanced highers my two b's at first sitting were taken in to consideration and that is why i was offered an unconditional. Brilliant wee surprise means i don't need to worry about getting in anymore. Thanks everyone for your help :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Shomberlon
It could be that your works been walked and the results have been sent to UCAS. I'm starting Glasgow in September, what are you studying?

Physics with Astrophysics :smile: yourself?
Original post by JohnS17
Physics with Astrophysics :smile: yourself?

History, good luck even thinking about doing that would melt my brain

Original post by JohnS17
I phoned up admissions at Glasgow apparently i achieved ABBB at my first sitting the entry requirements are AAAB meaning i was two a's away. I completed Top-up and achieved sufficent grades that meant that my entry requirements were lowered by a grade each. Instead of needing a two c's at my advanced highers my two b's at first sitting were taken in to consideration and that is why i was offered an unconditional. Brilliant wee surprise means i don't need to worry about getting in anymore. Thanks everyone for your help :biggrin:

Oh, that is excellent news - well done! Time to just relax, wait for uni and laugh at your friends worrying about results. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending