The Student Room Group

There must be a better way for me to get a job

I'm 19 and am currently studying a degree at Warwick Uni. I'm looking for a job to work this summer (my Dad's making life hard in the meantime) but I've never been able to get one in the past. I'd go around town asking every shop if they have vacancies, the vast majority saying no and the rest accepting a CV but nothing beyond that.

It feels hopeless and I don't have the motivation to do it. Surely there is some way, some service or something that people looking for work can find and employ me. I'm bright and willing, surely people would be looking for that. :frown:
Try call centres, they tend to have a high staff turnover so will probably need staff.
Reply 2
Just hnd out your CV to literally everywhere, theres a good chance that you will get a response from somewhere at least
Just finished my a levels and having the exact same problem. My family don't realise that I really am trying and that it really is not easy.

You ring, and you hand out, and you email, and nothing happens. So fed up and dejected now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending