The Student Room Group

missed my offer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by messedupib
I got 35, and I needed 36 for my Warwick offer... :frown:

Don't worry mate, at least you got the Koan off your back!

Spoiler

Seriously though, does any of the advice on here so far help you in your position?
Can you do anything similar? :smile:
Original post by hkl1994215
i contacted via email, they didnt pick up,

The admissions tutor replied very quickly saying the news is not positive, if u missed ur offer by one point we could reconsider, but please do remark ur papers, and then if you meet the requirements, i will reconsider etc...

also my insurance is edinburgh with 34 and 555 HL,
but I got 664 HL,

DO you think i have a chance with ucl? or even edinburgh?

Plus if ur an international student would it help?
Thanks for the comments tho

If your spelling and grammar in that email was as bad as it is here, I'm not surprised!

Definitely get your papers remarked anyway, and then beg on the phone. It'll probably do no harm is you try to sound as devastated as it is possible to sound, too. Good luck, OP! :smile:
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
Don't worry mate, at least you got the Koan off your back!

Spoiler

Seriously though, does any of the advice on here so far help you in your position?
Can you do anything similar? :smile:

Thanks! I will miss the place :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by Astronomical
If your spelling and grammar in that email was as bad as it is here, I'm not surprised!

Definitely get your papers remarked anyway, and then beg on the phone. It'll probably do no harm is you try to sound as devastated as it is possible to sound, too. Good luck, OP! :smile:

yes my grammar was poor, i rushed when i was typing,
email was fine, got checked by my teachers.....

yes, ill try to beg well, and thanks,
I would appreciate anymore advice and information, if you have any
(edited 11 years ago)
yes my grammar was poor, i rushed when i was typing,
email was fine, got checked by my teachers.....

yes, ill try to beg well, and thanks,
I would appreciate anymore advice and information, if you have any

I'm not sure what else you could do... if anything. I've never been in that situation, as A-level results aren't out yet! Just make you you put yourself forward in the best way possible, sound passionate on the phone, and have a good reason for why you missed the grade!
Original post by Astronomical
I'm not sure what else you could do... if anything. I've never been in that situation, as A-level results aren't out yet! Just make you you put yourself forward in the best way possible, sound passionate on the phone, and have a good reason for why you missed the grade!

Sounds passionate, rational and a bit surprised the grades were missed is better than sounding needy, devastated and desperate. :wink:
Original post by TheSownRose
Sounds passionate, rational and a bit surprised the grades were missed is better than sounding needy, devastated and desperate. :wink:

Yes, that's what I should have said and is indeed more aligned with my thoughts. :h:
Reply 27
thanks people, although the ucl admissions tutor said, u wont be able to come unless you get some papers remarked,

I should really call him possibly on monday, hope for minimal chances,

but cheers people

Have you contacted your teachers to get your papers remarked? If not, do that.
If you don't want to remark your papers then you need to cross your fingers your insurance decides to take you. Good luck!
Reply 28
Original post by Shelly_x
Have you contacted your teachers to get your papers remarked? If not, do that.
If you don't want to remark your papers then you need to cross your fingers your insurance decides to take you. Good luck!

im going to school on monday to look at the breakdowns

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending