The Student Room Group

Lower offer due to college rating?

Hey,

One of my friends reckons that there is some sort or system which gives applicants to university a lower offer based on the performance of their college (so students from low ranked colleges would receive a lower offer).

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? I've never heard of it before but I thought Id check.
I have a feeling that Leeds does it, because my friend lives in an area associated with poor academic achievement they received lower offers for medicine
Universities do receive information about how well a school/college performs, and many do take it into consideration when making offers.
Reply 3
Original post by fursey
Hey,

One of my friends reckons that there is some sort or system which gives applicants to university a lower offer based on the performance of their college (so students from low ranked colleges would receive a lower offer).

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? I've never heard of it before but I thought Id check.

Sometimes if they are in official schemes such as this one or uni specific ones such as A2B by Birmingham Uni then it can be guaranteed they will do.

Otherwise it depends, after all it is at the Admissions Tutor's discretion what the offer is and if they feel you deserve a lower one for whatever reason they can make any offer they like but there might not be any guarantee of such an offer. Standard offers are just a guide, you can even get into Cambridge with EE if they ajudge you to be worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending