The Student Room Group

Certificated AS jan exams - Should I put it on UCAS?

I've done the module exams back in jan and got results. I decided to resit one of modules in the summer. Does it mean I have to declare AS jan grades because it was certificated? Or I don't have to since it's not really full AS which is UCAS asking for?
Reply 1
Original post by Rtcw
I've done the module exams back in jan and got results. I decided to resit one of modules in the summer. Does it mean I have to declare AS jan grades because it was certificated? Or I don't have to since it's not really full AS which is UCAS asking for?

You can put the module grade as Pending if you haven't taken / received your results yet. However, all AS and A2 modules must be declared on UCAS. :smile:
Reply 2
its abit vague....as long its cashed it and a full AS you have to show the overall grade. the retake you dont have to show on ucas. if you just did an exam and the AS is still incomplete....just list it as pending.
Reply 3
I'll make it more clearly, what I meant is that I've taken exams in Jan, all exams are on module 1.

I've received the results in March and mostly was happy except one of them. So I've decided to retake it in the summer along with module 2 and 3 exams. But, recently, I've received the certificate (Note: Not results slip) from exam board for exams that were taken back in Jan on module 1. Should I declare it my modules now or just wait till Aug for overall AS results and then declare it on UCAS for overall AS exams only (resit included), not modules and so they don't know that I've retaken that exam?
Reply 4
Original post by Rtcw
I'll make it more clearly, what I meant is that I've taken exams in Jan, all exams are on module 1.

I've received the results in March and mostly was happy except one of them. So I've decided to retake it in the summer along with module 2 and 3 exams. But, recently, I've received the certificate (Note: Not results slip) from exam board for exams that were taken back in Jan on module 1. Should I declare it my modules now or just wait till Aug for overall AS results and then declare it on UCAS for overall AS exams only (resit included), not modules and so they don't know that I've retaken that exam?

They will know that you have retaken the exam as your examination results will be sent to them directly by the exam board on results day for verification etc. However, in most cases, only the highest sitting will be taken into account.

Why are you sending off your application so soon?
You can't get a certificate without completing the full AS surely? And as you hadn't done modules 2 and 3 in January how is this possible?
Reply 6
^^ See post #4. I've already taken module 2 and 3 in summer along with resit module 1.

EDIT: oops ive misread your post, apparently it is possible and ive already got certificate nearby me.
Original post by Vulpes
They will know that you have retaken the exam as your examination results will be sent to them directly by the exam board on results day for verification etc. However, in most cases, only the highest sitting will be taken into account.

Why are you sending off your application so soon?

They say, 'Sooner, the better'

Other than that, my centre's deadline for UCAS is very tight, I think it's around same date as oxbridge/medicine deadline. After that, they refuse you unless you have very good reason.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Rtcw
^^ See post #4. I've already taken module 2 and 3 in summer along with resit module 1.

They say, 'Sooner, the better'

Other than that, my centre's deadline for UCAS is very tight, I think it's around same date as oxbridge/medicine deadline. After that, they refuse you unless you have very good reason.

The oxbridge/medicine deadline is on October 15th... You should at least wait till you have received your AS results before applying to university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending