The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by Tizzitrix
Hello! Does anyone else living in the south west have an offer?
My family doesn't have a car and I'm really worried about how I'm actually going to get there (if I get the grades) with all of my junk.
Any thoughts please?

Also, I got an offer to read Law at Tit Hall, just in case anyone else is doing the same. :smile:

I'm not from the South West, but I hold a Tit Hall offer too! :biggrin: *high five*
Original post by Tizzitrix
Hello! Does anyone else living in the south west have an offer?
My family doesn't have a car and I'm really worried about how I'm actually going to get there (if I get the grades) with all of my junk.
Any thoughts please?

Also, I got an offer to read Law at Tit Hall, just in case anyone else is doing the same. :smile:

Im from the south-west. Whereabouts are you?

I've got an offer for NatSci at Christs.

Theres always the train...or car rental?
Reply 882
Original post by wibletg
Jesus sent me an offer asking for a copy of my entitlement form for Student Finance - I basically copied the lot and sent it to them :smile:

when did you receive it?
Reply 883
Original post by Amy Luo
when did you receive it?

Same time as my offer :smile:
Reply 884
Original post by wibletg
Same time as my offer :smile:

Oh i thought it was just a financial form that we need to sign. At that time i haven't got my student finance done yet. do you think if i have it now i should send them a copy? just post it?
Reply 885
Original post by Amy Luo
Oh i thought it was just a financial form that we need to sign. At that time i haven't got my student finance done yet. do you think if i have it now i should send them a copy? just post it?

I dunno, I'd check with them? :smile:

I thought the deadline for it was a few months back but you should be fine if you've signed the guarantee form? Give them a ring to find out?
Reply 886
So some of the IBers already know the results - fortunately, I am one of them and it seems like I'm officially going to Cambridge. :smile:))
Original post by jacuch
So some of the IBers already know the results - fortunately, I am one of them and it seems like I'm officially going to Cambridge. :smile:))

Congratulations! That must be such a relief and you must be so happy! What course and college are you going to do?
Reply 888
It is a REAL relief after over a month of re-analysing every exam I took over and over again.

I'm going to do Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences at Trinity Hall. :smile:

EDIT: omg, this sentence looks so wonderful without the word 'hopefully' in it <3
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 889
I finally know for sure I'm going to Cambridge as well! Yay for IB! (< haha one and only time in my life that I'll say that :P)
Reply 890
Original post by -raisa
I finally know for sure I'm going to Cambridge as well! Yay for IB! (< haha one and only time in my life that I'll say that :P)

Congratulations! Are you Russian by any chance?
Reply 891
got 5 in physics hl but 7 in math HL to do engineering, with total point 37, because of studip Maths EE, Cambridge ask for 40, do u think they will let me in? I need to remark EE
Reply 892
Original post by finance
Congratulations! Are you Russian by any chance?

Thanks!

& Nope, not Russian at all (Canadian :P)
Reply 893
Beat my offer by 3 points, so I'm going to Cambridge! :biggrin: NEVER AGAIN do I have to preface everything I say about Cambridge with "if I get in"...
Reply 894
Original post by Arialaxe
Beat my offer by 3 points, so I'm going to Cambridge! :biggrin: NEVER AGAIN do I have to preface everything I say about Cambridge with "if I get in"...

congratulation. i need 3 more points to get in. try to convince Cambridge.
Original post by Arialaxe

Congratulations to a future CompSci! :five:
I'm in too! We can, for once, be thankful that we do the IB :smile:
Reply 897
Original post by -raisa
Thanks!

& Nope, not Russian at all (Canadian :P)

How weird! Your name is very Russian! (I'm assuming that's your first name? lol)
Reply 898
To those who did the IB, did you already get a UCAS confirmation letter or a change in track? In my older Cambridge letters, my college (Pembroke) says that they will only confirm things in August, but on the UCAS website it says that UCAS does send a confirmation letter earlier on. Most of my friends already have their statuses changed to "unconditional" so I'm just wondering :smile:
Thanks!
Reply 899
I had my status changed to unconditional and I also got an email directly from my college (Trinity Hall) on Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Latest