The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RyJ
I signed up earlier today, but apparently there aren't any surveys available.. :rolleyes:

You get them one at a time via email [=
Reply 2761
Ah, makes sense!

While I don't post here all that often I'm always following the thread and I don't think that I can put it better than: :adore:

While I'm here, is anyone up for convincing me that I want a Nexus 7? :colone: It would be my first tablet and I'm trying to justify it to myself as I've already got a perfectly good laptop (six months old) and Android phone (Desire S). It's certainly very tempting at the price...
Reply 2765
Im thinking about grabbing one or two of the Nexus 7s aswell.
Reply 2766
As for survey sites try these lot:

Opinionworld
Valued Opinions
Panelbase
Surveyhead
Globaltestmarket
SurveyNetwork

I found these to be the best in troubled times :smile:
Original post by Daniel_R
Im thinking about grabbing one or two of the Nexus 7s aswell.

Maybe we should both do so just to avoid feeling left out here :tongue:
Reply 2768
I really hope Microsoft undercut the Nexus through a strategic pricing strategy.

Would keep all those Android fanboys quiet :biggrin:

I hope Google don't do what they are best at... Releasing product after product and phasing out Software updates.

At least Apple stick with their customers where possible... Example ios for iPhone 3GS
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
You could replicate the entire TSR FAQ this way. :sogood:

I think I might see what admin can do about publicising it :beard:
Reply 2770
Don't know why but I'm suddenly becoming less interested in technology the older I get :frown:

I don't know if it could just be that I'm too poor to afford like tablets etc... Or if i'm just like what's the point?

We have children dying from a lack of food and water but we just give money to corporate businesses who avoid tax so the UK loses millions.

Internet + smartphone should be enough.

Illusionary screw the tablet, donate your money to family by buying them a smartphone?

Or save a life (or several)

Get a nex to nothing and be equally as happy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2771
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I'm not getting the Nexus hype myself. :beard:

I know that was in jest but you could replicate the entire TSR FAQ this way. :sogood:

:afraid: That would take weeks!

Original post by Illusionary
I think I might see what admin can do about publicising it :beard:

:shock:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mangoh
I really hope Microsoft undercut the Nexus through a strategic pricing strategy.

Would keep all those Android fanboys quiet :biggrin:

I hope Google don't do what they are best at... Releasing product after product and phasing out Software updates.

At least Apple stick with their customers where possible... Example ios for iPhone 3GS

Hardly. I'd just buy a Microsoft Surface if MS made it cheaper than the Nexus.
Reply 2774
Original post by Mad Vlad
Hardly. I'd just buy a Microsoft Surface if MS made it cheaper than the Nexus.

Buy a MS surface instead of a Nexus or purchase both?

Original post by Vulpes
:afraid: That would take weeks!

:shock:

Looks professional what program did you use?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2775
Original post by mangoh

I used fireworks to recreate the layout originally shown on Tutsplus so I can't take credit for the design. :sad:
Original post by mangoh
Buy a MS surface instead of a Nexus or purchase both?

Why would I do that? I don't need a tablet. The Nexus is just about appropriately priced to wet my appetite enough to buy one.
Original post by Vulpes
I used fireworks to recreate the layout originally shown on Tutsplus so I can't take credit for the design. :sad:

Infographics FTW! :smile:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Why would I do that? I don't need a tablet. The Nexus is just about appropriately priced to wet my appetite enough to buy one.

My problem exactly :beard:
Apparently the profit margins on the Nexus are ridiculously thin when going through retailers, I can't see the Surface Tabs being able to match/undercut them without selling at a loss. The Nexus is making its money through the same method Amazon use with the Fire, get people drawn into their content ecosystems and recoup lost profits there. This might be manageable on the RT version where the app store is going to be locked down though, depending on the price model :holmes:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending