The Student Room Group

Pulling in clubs....any girls who want to give advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carpboy
Approaching a girl in a club is difficult.

No it is not. Go up to them, dance, introduce or whatever then say "what do you want for breakfast?" or quite simply "my place?"... works for me a fair bit, I have never understood the whole pulling is hard thing from guys, all you need is confidence.
Reply 21
Original post by tehFrance
No it is not. Go up to them, dance, introduce or whatever then say "what do you want for breakfast?" or quite simply "my place?"... works for me a fair bit, I have never understood the whole pulling is hard thing from guys, all you need is confidence.

Decent looks help too.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
Reply 22
Original post by Inverse
I guess it would take a lot of confidence to do!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X

Yeah its not for everyone, if you are shy/nervous it would probably just sound awkward, but if your a smooth talker its a goodun.

I would say the best technique would be the photo thing, but then again if you have your eye on a girl you can't just hang around all night in hope of her whipping her camera out so you can dive in...So everything has its up's and downs, its just trial and error I guess.
Reply 23
Agree with Xander.

Don't ask women. Most genuinely don't know how to pinpoint what might attract them.
Original post by carpboy
This topic has probably been brought up a lot, so I apologise for that.

However, can any girls out there give me some advice about pulling in clubs. I like to go out, drink, dance etc, but how to approach a girl in a club is difficult. If your online or in a random place(lets say work) then its easy to talk to a girl and have a conversation, but in a club its difficult. Some of my friends just "grind" up girls, some just stare and some try talking to them(even though the music is really loud). But all of these techniques seem to fail quite a lot.

So I ask, from a girl's opinion, how would you like to be approached in a club?

I would like to find a quiter place in the club and be nice, chatty and compliment, don't use ANY chat up lines, they are awful. You'll be pulling knowone with chat up lines!

As for going back to yours or hers, don't do it. All it results in (not from experience)is a one night stand, sti's and unwanted pregnancy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by carpboy
This topic has probably been brought up a lot, so I apologise for that.

However, can any girls out there give me some advice about pulling in clubs. I like to go out, drink, dance etc, but how to approach a girl in a club is difficult. If your online or in a random place(lets say work) then its easy to talk to a girl and have a conversation, but in a club its difficult. Some of my friends just "grind" up girls, some just stare and some try talking to them(even though the music is really loud). But all of these techniques seem to fail quite a lot.

So I ask, from a girl's opinion, how would you like to be approached in a club?

my friend you need GAME and to learn about attraction search David Wygant on youtube he'll teach you everything :smile: i learned it from his videos and im only 18
Reply 26
I'm not sure what I'd actually want a guy to do so the only advice I can give is what has happened to me in clubs and how I've ended up getting with guys, but confidence is definitely important and don't waste your time buying drinks, this is only worth doing if you can guarantee going home with them, though if we get more than one I will always alternate.

Anyway the guys who've tried it with me at clubs. One time I'd had to step back out of the way to let people walk through as was quite crowded and this one lad decided to stop and we just got chatting, from there before he took my hand and led me off elsewhere.
Another time I just walked up to this lad and started getting with him, to be fair I was pretty drunk that evening so don't really remember (and that's the only time I usually make the move).
One time I was sitting in one of the seating areas trying to find my mates and this guy came over and started chatting to me.
Another lad came over with a friend to our group and started chatting to us, came over to me and complemented me so got with him.
Another time my friends were boring me so I was just looking around to see what else was going on and caught the eye of this good looking guy and we just started dancing, not grinding or anything just dancing as I would with my mates and having a good time, which made a nice change.
Another time it was one of my mates I was out with friend who happened to have met up when out and didn't really talk to him or anything but somehow ended up getting with him.
Have also had the standard lads coming up behind me and trying it on, so I'll turn round and depending what they're like they might get my attention or if not I'll move to somewhere else within my group of friends away from them. Though sometimes they would just come and stand closer but no actual physical contact, leaving it up to me and then if I was interested I'd move closer to them instead.

So in short if you happen to be in a quieter area and are able to then do chat to them as I found I had a fair bit in common with a couple of them. If not looking around rather than focusing with the people you're out with will always give you more of a chance or if you can get them when they are away from the group they're out with. Though for me actually coming near to them will be enough to get my attention initially.

The only thing I've ever had happen to me that put me right off was standing in a queue at the bar with my friend and this lad came up next to us to his group of mates and then for some reason decided he was going to start trying to kiss at my neck and try and lick the side of my face, this was of course not appreciated and he got a good boot in the shins but didn't seem to stop him and only went away when he'd finally got his drinks. So don't try anything weird.
Reply 27
Original post by LoveIt
I'm not sure what I'd actually want a guy to do so the only advice I can give is what has happened to me in clubs and how I've ended up getting with guys, but confidence is definitely important and don't waste your time buying drinks, this is only worth doing if you can guarantee going home with them, though if we get more than one I will always alternate.

Anyway the guys who've tried it with me at clubs. One time I'd had to step back out of the way to let people walk through as was quite crowded and this one lad decided to stop and we just got chatting, from there before he took my hand and led me off elsewhere.
Another time I just walked up to this lad and started getting with him, to be fair I was pretty drunk that evening so don't really remember (and that's the only time I usually make the move).
One time I was sitting in one of the seating areas trying to find my mates and this guy came over and started chatting to me.
Another lad came over with a friend to our group and started chatting to us, came over to me and complemented me so got with him.
Another time my friends were boring me so I was just looking around to see what else was going on and caught the eye of this good looking guy and we just started dancing, not grinding or anything just dancing as I would with my mates and having a good time, which made a nice change.
Another time it was one of my mates I was out with friend who happened to have met up when out and didn't really talk to him or anything but somehow ended up getting with him.
Have also had the standard lads coming up behind me and trying it on, so I'll turn round and depending what they're like they might get my attention or if not I'll move to somewhere else within my group of friends away from them. Though sometimes they would just come and stand closer but no actual physical contact, leaving it up to me and then if I was interested I'd move closer to them instead.

So in short if you happen to be in a quieter area and are able to then do chat to them as I found I had a fair bit in common with a couple of them. If not looking around rather than focusing with the people you're out with will always give you more of a chance or if you can get them when they are away from the group they're out with. Though for me actually coming near to them will be enough to get my attention initially.

The only thing I've ever had happen to me that put me right off was standing in a queue at the bar with my friend and this lad came up next to us to his group of mates and then for some reason decided he was going to start trying to kiss at my neck and try and lick the side of my face, this was of course not appreciated and he got a good boot in the shins but didn't seem to stop him and only went away when he'd finally got his drinks. So don't try anything weird.

That last guy was weird, I mean it depends obv a lot on looks. If you had a good looking bloke with average chat and average looking bloke with good chat, Im assuming you would prob still choose the better looking guy, am I right? Clubbing is a bit of woman's playground tbh, there always seems to be more men than women
Reply 28

haha, you're telling me thats worked with semi attractive women?
Original post by hiding12
haha, you're telling me thats worked with semi attractive women?

Semi-attractive... I go for beautiful women and it works on them so I suppose it must work on semi-attractive too.
Reply 30
Semi-attractive... I go for beautiful women and it works on them so I suppose it must work on semi-attractive too.

You would prob get a few slaps as well for that approach?
You would prob get a few slaps as well for that approach?

No, I guess it has something to do with not being English.
Reply 32

haha, yeh, prob that smooth French accent. Guessing you're a decent looking dude as well?
I just talk to people.

WEIRD. But it works.

/I'm not even attractive. Getting laid is seriously the easiest thing ever.
One of my friends has a habit of just scanning the room for what he calls "7s", pinching their arse and saying "I'd **** you" into their ear.

I lost a lot of respect for humanity when I saw it work.

Lol'd. Pretty much every female friend of mine agrees that Frenchman are TERRIBLE at picking up women. Deadly serious.

99% of their approaches are; "hey, you drunk? wanna come back to mine?"
Reply 36
Original post by Llamageddon
One of my friends has a habit of just scanning the room for what he calls "7s", pinching their arse and saying "I'd **** you" into their ear.

haha, how mnay times did it work?
Original post by Llamageddon

u w0t m8?
haha, how mnay times did it work?
Erm, I've never seen him NOT go back home with somebody. Success rate is probably about 10% but he's nothing if not persistent.
Original post by Aisha~~
Lol'd. Pretty much every female friend of mine agrees that Frenchman are TERRIBLE at picking up women. Deadly serious.

99% of their approaches are; "hey, you drunk? wanna come back to mine?"

Lol'd. Pretty much most people on TSR pull statistics out of there arse. Deadly serious.

99% are pure lies.

Quick Reply