The Student Room Group

Post exam boredom?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, really need stuff to do.

Its just amazing how we've spent the last 4 months revising, the last month wishing for more revision time before the exams and a whole month having ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do. Lol :biggrin:
Original post by Charlotte_19
What can I do with all my spare time?! I love it, but I have nothing to do!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I don't like being productive so I decided to watch some new tv :biggrin: just search on some of the forums about favourite tv shows and see what's popular :biggrin: I found game of thrones because of that and I don't regret it ... it's basically taking over my life I've got the 1st season on dvd and on repeat and ordered the books :biggrin:
Original post by Romerohousecaptain
well after painting the shed 4 times, cutting the grass 3 times, planting an apple tree and redecorating my bedroom all in 1 week i am very very very bored >.< I even went into school yesterday and pretended that i was revising for an hour.... things are getting pretty bad :/

Oh god why.
Reply 23
I joined the gym! I'm not over weight but pretty unfit so I've been going there around 4 times a week and doing work out DVD's at home. I've also dug out my Desperate Housewives boxsets and I'm gonna watch them all starting from the beginning. Been on a few road trips with friends and I also have a part time job which helps!
Reply 24
Same here. I've watched all Harry Potter films back to back gone through all my wardrobe taken out clothes I don't wear joined da gym and still bored. Thinkn of wallpapering my bedroom now.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 25
I'm going to try to find a job but I'm not too optimistic as my only work experience was as a teaching assisstant and I'm shy. I may end sorting out everything in my room 10 times and ready books I intended to read but never got around to reading. It's awful going from not having enough time to revise during exams to having next to nothing to do.
Take up running like me

Do an easy program for beginners like Couch to 5k
Starting today, I am trying to get into a routine of going to the gym, blogging, vlogging, working and meeting friends.

I want to get an order to my life.
Original post by Alex17595
haha I tried learning Russian, I've forgotten most of it apart from yes/no and 1-10, my name is.

I think learning Russian is harder than what im learning (Swedish)
Don't they have a different letter system?
I've found the following have gone some way to relieving boredom

- Practising accents from around the world
- Absent-mindedly placing relatively important items in peculiar places so that I have to spend time finding them
- Plaiting my hair
- A 'disorder a day'. Reading about a different rare mental disorder/syndrome each day

If things are getting really bad then occasionally I'll switch the TV on and tune into 'channel line-up' on channel 996 on Sky. It involves an audio of a man dispassionately reciting every single channel on Sky.
Reply 30
Original post by ray-chill
I'm going to try to find a job but I'm not too optimistic as my only work experience was as a teaching assisstant and I'm shy. I may end sorting out everything in my room 10 times and ready books I intended to read but never got around to reading. It's awful going from not having enough time to revise during exams to having next to nothing to do.

Try to get a job anyway, I was really shy but getting a job has definately improved my confidence :smile: I also only had work experience at a primary school and everyone has to start somewhere!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPod app
Reply 31
I feel the same way too...Promised myself to learn how to ride a scooter after exams but sadly haven't gotten myself to do it yet:redface:

Practically rotting at home:bebored: and outing with my friends are the only thing I look forward to because I don't have to stay at home and mope around doing nothing. I know it is a bad habit to be unproductive so I'm trying to do something useful in my free time...
Reply 32
Original post by milkytea
I've decided to waste my summer attempting to become a chess grandmaster. Been fairly amusing so far.

I'm doing that too!

On The Sims 3
:colondollar:
Original post by khaiser turian
I think learning Russian is harder than what im learning (Swedish)
Don't they have a different letter system?

Theres 33 Characters I think...

But its not like french where the letters are pretty much english.... No = No...
I can read russian to save my life D:

nyet.
Aside from looking for jobs, I've been doing a lot of drawing / painting. Although I think the time I get to spend doing that will decrease as I'm prioritising learning a language, which will either be Russian or fluent Ukrainian.
Original post by wibletg
To be fair, I did this during term time in free periods :tongue:

Dickinson's Real Deal is better :wink:

tis, that other bargain hunt guy is annoying. then again, i've moved more onto You've Been Scammed and The Cowboy Trap now...
Reply 36
Original post by milkytea
Haha I still call it a castle as well. I have no idea why they're meant to be called rooks. I thought a rook was a member of the crow family:tongue:

Rook = rukh, ancient Persian for chariot. Now you know!
Reply 37
Play guitar! It's what I did after year 12 exams. :smile: I got massively addicted to it though, so it kind of made my results suffer. :tongue:
Original post by KiranG
Play guitar! It's what I did after year 12 exams. :smile: I got massively addicted to it though, so it kind of made my results suffer. :tongue:

Been there, done that :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest