The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4640
T
Original post by Orinincandenza
Hmm, yeah, the annoying thing about schools that take several different things into account is that it's difficult to tell exactly what might trip you up. Lots to consider.

I'd be applying w/o visiting so was there anything that stuck out as a problem for you ?

ADHD is kinda interesting but you know the research is kinda all over the shop and nobdy really knows what's going on yet ? :smile:

Haha yeah :tongue: people are doubting whether adhd is a real medical condition but nevertheless, should be kinda fun :biggrin: you doing nuffield during summer then? :smile:
Original post by Vulpes
Oh. Free iPhone if you study in Leeds when you get to the clinical years. :tongue:

:O!!!

Omg it's like freebie to the max!

I challenge other med schools to dish out free ipads. :tongue:
Reply 4642
Original post by AspiringGenius
:O!!!

Omg it's like freebie to the max!

I challenge other med schools to dish out free ipads. :tongue:

I challenge a med school to dish out free android devices instead :giggle:

On that note, the Nexus 7 looks tempting...
Original post by Vulpes
I challenge a med school to dish out free android devices instead :giggle:

On that note, the Nexus 7 looks tempting...

Ooo ooo oo *waves arm in air* I've got one!

I challenge a med school to dish out free tuition fees :colone:
Reply 4644
Ooo ooo oo *waves arm in air* I've got one!

I challenge a med school to dish out free tuition fees :colone:

Scottish medical schools. :colonhash:
Original post by Vulpes
Scottish medical schools. :colonhash:

English -_-

I'm half Scottish, do you think if I talk about Scottish heritage in my PS ill get reduced fees lol?

Do you like foxes by the way?
Reply 4646
English -_-

I'm half Scottish, do you think if I talk about Scottish heritage in my PS ill get reduced fees lol?

Do you like foxes by the way?

LIKE? LIKEEE?

THEY'RE LIKE MY FAVOURITE ANIMALS!!! :fuhrer: :colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by Vulpes
LIKE? LIKEEE?

Spoiler

:cry2: sorry!

I like Okapis. :biggrin: I have a Teddy BearOkapi which I call Sheldon. I like the name Sheldon :biggrin:

Ooo nice! :biggrin: I like the first frame "difficulty: beginner" :lol:

Should try to get the supermods, or TSR leaders (I dunnoo lool!) to get it sent to new members upon joining :smile:
Reply 4649

Are you a Medic??
Reply 4650
Original post by Varsh05
Are you a Medic??

:yep: why?
Reply 4651
Original post by Vulpes
LIKE? LIKEEE?

Spoiler

That is adorable! :love:

Ps: those textbooks look daunting :afraid:
Reply 4652
You should see red pandas, they were mentioned in our biology exam :L
red_panda.jpg
220px-Okapia_johnstoni_-Marwell_Wildlife,_Hampshire,_England-8a.jpg

Okapis :love:
Quick question to any doctors/medics/anyone really...would you guys consider a stroke a disease? Or is it better to describe it as an illness?
Original post by Boom533
Quick question to any doctors/medics/anyone really...would you guys consider a stroke a disease? Or is it better to describe it as an illness?

Stoke is a disease of the brain, but can affect the entire body :yep: You can describe it as a disease, illness, a neurological disorder or condition IMO. Whatever uses less characters tbh :tongue:
Original post by Boom533

It's not a disease or illness in the manner that implies you can catch it or an external organism alone will cause it.

Simply put, a stroke is where (part of) your brain is starved of oxygen. This normally means that the blood supply to the brain has been interrupted (by a clot or leak or w/e). As a result of a lack of oxygen, that part of the brain stops working, perhaps permanently. As a result of part of the brain stopping, you could be left paralysed, with a speech or memory impediment, or perhaps even dead.
Original post by Boom533

Well the actual hemorrhaging part of the stroke is just like when you bleed anywhere else so kinda of a injury i guess, but the way it affects movement and cognition afterwards is kind of an illness or disease.

On a side note there are really no strong or exact definitions for 'disorder', 'disease' or 'illness', so what is what and why is kinda up for interpretation.
Reply 4658
So I really want to do medicine.. But I don't think I got the grades that I need to apply so do u guys think it will be a good idea if I apply for undergraduate chemistry first then do postgraduate medicine??? Just want ur thoughts on it because I think I will be wasting my time if I applied to Medicine straight away.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by FuzzBuzz
So I really want to do medicine.. But I don't think I got the grades that I need to apply so do u guys think it will be a good idea if I apply for undergraduate chemistry first then do postgraduate medicine??? Just want ur thoughts on it because I think I will be wasting my time if I applied to Medicine straight away.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

You ever thought about re-sitting and applying as a re-sit applicant? It will probably be easier to get into than Graduate medicine.

Latest

Trending

Trending