The Student Room Group

Im Unemployable.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by shane1989
Well, that's how the job market is at the moment. There is something called housing benefit. Some people need to wake up and open their eyes. You have to be much more flexible (with the work you do & location) than pre-recession. [...]

Complete garbage.

Most people's only realistic chance of gaining social housing is through a local connection to the area. This means that in order to relocate they have to look at private housing which could cost upwards of £1000 when the deposit, first month's rent, and all the fees are taken into account. Without the safety of secure employment, most people will simply not take this risk.

Then you have to consider that lots of landlords do not want tenants claiming housing benefit, and that under 25s have restrictions on the amount of benefit they claim and for what. You make applying for housing benefit sound easy. It is not.
Reply 61
Original post by evantej
Complete garbage.

Most people's only realistic chance of gaining social housing is through a local connection to the area. This means that in order to relocate they have to look at private housing which could cost upwards of £1000 when the deposit, first month's rent, and all the fees are taken into account. Without the safety of secure employment, most people will simply not take this risk.

Then you have to consider that lots of landlords do not want tenants claiming housing benefit, and that under 25s have restrictions on the amount of benefit they claim and for what. You make applying for housing benefit sound easy. It is not.

I'm not here to have a debate on the web. You complaining really isn't going to change anything is it ?! Yes, it's tough in the UK but that's just the way it is. I'm sure you are right about everything you've mentioned but there's nothing you can do. MP's only care about themselves. I guess nowadays everyone needs to be selfish to get what they want.

Don't think that Labour will do any better should they come to power in 2015. They're scratching their heads as it is. Miliband is a weak leader anyway. All he does is critique but never comes up with any solutions. I could never take the guy seriously. He looks like a character from the Simpsons.

I'm only staying here until I get my MBA. After that I'm leaving this sh*t country!
Reply 62
Reply 63
I'm not here to have a debate on the web. You complaining really isn't going to change anything is it ?! Yes, it's tough in the UK but that's just the way it is. I'm sure you are right about everything you've mentioned but there's nothing you can do. MP's only care about themselves. I guess nowadays everyone needs to be selfish to get what they want.

Don't think that Labour will do any better should they come to power in 2015. They're scratching their heads as it is. Miliband is a weak leader anyway. All he does is critique but never comes up with any solutions. I could never take the guy seriously. He looks like a character from the Simpsons.

I'm only staying here until I get my MBA. After that I'm leaving this sh*t country!

No one cares about your political views nor starting a debate with you.

I only cared about correcting your suggestion that claiming housing benefit was easy, thus the OP should be more flexible with employment (i.e. move to find work), because it was wrong.
Reply 64

Its all party politics these days. No one cares about the bigger picture
Reply 65
Original post by evantej
No one cares about your political views nor starting a debate with you.

I only cared about correcting your suggestion that claiming housing benefit was easy, thus the OP should be more flexible with employment (i.e. move to find work), because it was wrong.

This is coming from the guy who spends his life on some forum. Maybe if you stepped away from behind that computer screen you would snap back into reality, rather than "correcting" me on an "I'm unemployable" post.

I don't care how easy/hard it is to get housing benefit. Ultimately I've stated facts on my post and that is you have to be more flexible with location and work. Using this site to drown your sorrows or to complain about how your life sucks is pretty sad.

This thread focuses on employment NOT housing benefit!!
Reply 66
This is coming from the guy who spends his life on some forum. Maybe if you stepped away from behind that computer screen you would snap back into reality, rather than "correcting" me on an "I'm unemployable" post.

I don't care how easy/hard it is to get housing benefit. Ultimately I've stated facts on my post and that is you have to be more flexible with location and work. Using this site to drown your sorrows or to complain about how your life sucks is pretty sad.

This thread focuses on employment NOT housing benefit!!

:confused:

You mentioned housing benefit in a thread focusing on employment. If you do not care how hard it is to get housing benefit then do not bother mentioning it. I am correcting you because I do live in the real world. I have claimed housing benefit before and know it is far harder than you made out.

Ignoring all your bile, in this post and in previous ones, I find it hard to believe that you can state 'facts' about gaining employment. The wannabe finance director who works on the tills at Primark. Give me a break... It seems like you - not me or the OP - is the one with the attitude problem... :rolleyes:
Reply 67
Original post by evantej
:confused:

You mentioned housing benefit in a thread focusing on employment. If you do not care how hard it is to get housing benefit then do not bother mentioning it. I am correcting you because I do live in the real world. I have claimed housing benefit before and know it is far harder than you made out.

Ignoring all your bile, in this post and in previous ones, I find it hard to believe that you can state 'facts' about gaining employment. The wannabe finance director who works on the tills at Primark. Give me a break... It seems like you - not me or the OP - is the one with the attitude problem... :rolleyes:

LOL I didn't know you knew my life story. What does Primark have to do with anything ?! I work as an analyst too. Please don't use personal attacks over the internet. I'm sure you wouldn't say that if you were face-to-face with me. I bet you're one of those 24 year old's that has no "real" life just a virtual one. Over 3000 posts LOL yeah you just keep living in your fantasy world.

I bet you get such a rush when you insult someone over the internet, typing away on your keyboard behind a computer screen.
Quantity with job applications matters yes, but you really should be a bit selective about where you apply. Chose a few jobs were you really think you have a shot at. And take your time on the applications to make sure they are of good quality!
Original post by samperry209
Hey guys

Well as the title states Im unemployable. Ive finally admitted this to myself. I will not get a job at all, Ive simply got nothing to offer.

Ive got qualifications yeah.. But employers what experience, I will never get this experience because no one will give me the chance to get experience.

Ive been turned down and knocked back more times then frank bruno's punchbag.

Help Me?!

Anyone?

No mickytakers.. I haven't got any patience..

I know this is an old thread but if you are desperate for money like you said why not be a waiter. Everyone knows that it's a tough job and it will show how determined you are for getting out there to get a job. Just Google student jobs.
I know people look down on it but with that type of attitude know one will want to work with you anyway.

At the end of the day you have to work your way from the bottom to get to the top, no one is going to hand you the job you want straight away without experience.
Is there any other computer software programmes so you can develop your skills that might help since a lot of employers want to see that you have skills to do the job. Knowing how to use Microsoft Office isn't enough unless that is the only thing your job requires.
Original post by minimarshmallow
Volunteer.

My thoughts exactly.
People neg you because they want something for everything they do.
Reply 71
Wow this thread is still going?!

Okay well to UPDATE

I had a interview tuesday went alright... havent heard back yet again so I've applied for 2 voluntary roles on DO-IT :smile:

I shall update again if I get contacted by either of them!

Im am grateful for all the helpful responses.. its tough out there at the moment!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending