The Student Room Group

Passion for IT

Hey!

I've got an interview coming up. How can I demonstrate passion for IT?
Reply 1
Jeez don't give us too much info..!
Talk about a project you've done in your own time that you enjoyed doing. That, or remote desktop to your home network via your phone and show them something funky running on it. :colone:
Original post by mikeyd85
Talk about a project you've done in your own time that you enjoyed doing. That, or remote desktop to your home network via your phone and show them something funky running on it. :colone:

But i have not done any projects in my own time..
Original post by Prokaryotic_crap
But i have not done any projects in my own time..

Never set up your own FTP server? Never built your own website? Setting up a LAN party? Remote controlled your PC with an ageing Sony Ericsson feature phone via Bluetooth? Little things that only an enthusiast would ever really do.
Original post by mikeyd85
Never set up your own FTP server? Never built your own website? Setting up a LAN party? Remote controlled your PC with an ageing Sony Ericsson feature phone via Bluetooth? Little things that only an enthusiast would ever really do.

I am building a website, but that's for a uni project - can i still talk about it?

I have a phone and an Xbox console connected to my laptop by bluetooth but what precisely can i talk about regarding it?
Original post by Prokaryotic_crap
I am building a website, but that's for a uni project - can i still talk about it?

I have a phone and an Xbox console connected to my laptop by bluetooth but what precisely can i talk about regarding it?

Yeah, absolutely.

Just tell them that you're always tinkering and trying to get one device to talk to another via any means you can find. You know, if it comes up!
I hate to ask, but do you actually have a passion for IT? If you do, you ought to know some ways in which it manifests itself. If you don't, you're going to find it hard to demonstrate one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending