The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
garlic bread cause its a classic and you cant get any better

favorite flavor of jelly bean
Reply 701
Cherry probably, they're really flavourful I find.

FAV TWO FRUIT FLAVOUR MIX?
Kiwi and blackberry. I never would of put them together, but once I tried it, oh it works!
And I enjoyed it more for it being out of the ordinary, felt like a secret between me, the kiwi and the blackberries.

favourite and why of room service foods?
Reply 703
Original post by MelissaJayne
Kiwi and blackberry. I never would of put them together, but once I tried it, oh it works!
And I enjoyed it more for it being out of the ordinary, felt like a secret between me, the kiwi and the blackberries.

favourite and why of room service foods?

Room service :frown:

Couldn't you have done Birdseye? :ahee:
Did I say room service?..

I meant..Birdseye :wink:
Reply 705
COME ON FUSE! you got your topic!!
Reply 706
Birdseye hot and spicy chicken. Just as tasty as kfc and a lot more healthier.

Favourite ONE ingreidient to add to a margherita pizza?
Reply 707
Anchovies! I love the salty mix with the cheese and tomato base. Simple yet effective and even a few pack a powerful punch.

FAVOURITE YOGHURT COATED SNACK FOOD?
Reply 708
I wish it was fruit. Hell, the Ambrosia custard coated banana bits are sextacular. But it has to go to PRETZELS. Yoghurt pretzels are the intense contrast of milky, creamy sweet yoghurt and, crunchy, malty, salted pretzels!!

Your fave and why of: DISCONTINUED MCDONALDS ITEMS?
Reply 709
How have I never tried yoghurt coated pretzels?! They sound amazing! Where'd you get em Toto? FYI the apple ambrosia ones are good too :wink:

After googling the Mcd's graveyard, turns out there's like MILLIONS, of which I only remember a few (pizza for instance) but this looked the nicest:
Grilled Chicken Flatbread Sandwich Grilled chicken strips, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, pepper jack cheese, and a creamy herb sauce served wrapped in a heated flatbread. Served briefly in June 2002, and again from December 27, 2002 until February 9, 2003.

I can't believe I missed out!!! I also greatly miss toys that were actually GOOD in the happy meals. YES I still want happy meals, so sue me.

FAVOURITE DISCONTINUED/RECIPE HAS BEEN CHANGED SNACK FOOD?
Reply 710
penguin tubs, i used to get them when i went out and i only have good memories of them, unfortunitly they stoped making them:frown:

favorite thing to do with potatoes
Dauphinoise potatoes! By far the best thing anyone can ever do with the humble spud!

They take a while to make (and my mum makes them the best) but the effort is totally and completley worth it. Layers of thinly sliced potatoes, with cream and garlic...ugh does it get any better than that?

Fave and why of: BBQ food.
Aunt Bessies Garlic and Herb midweek roasties. Unlike some potatoes, they're not bland.

Favourite way to have steak?
Reply 713
That would be medium rare. With a cooked char on the outside and pink in the middle, the fibres are at optimum juiciness without sacrificing the hot, fibrous char of the exterior you wouldn't get with blue or tartare.

YOUR FAVE AND WHY OF TOASTIES?
Beans, cheese and slices of wafer thin ham. They almost merge together as if they were MEANT TO BE. And I love that stringy cheese from the inner toastie. I like to add a bit of onion too, added texture and nice little taste. NOM.

Fave and why of QUORN products
Reply 715
QUORN southern style burgers. Tastes not too far off proper chicken burgers.

Favourite JOLLY RANCHER FLAVOUR?
Reply 716
Um, seen as we don't get em over here I'd say blue raspberry or cherry sound the best. They usually have the best potential in flavour as they pack a punch and you can tell it's the flavour it claims.

FAVOURITE USE OF CHERRIES IN FOOD
Destoned cherries, soaked in syrup or sweet liqueur..I make a big chocolate cake, cut it in half..layer of cream, then the cherries. Other half of the cake. Top with buttercream and a few more cherries atop. Why? Because chocolate and cherries just WORK. And they're a nice juicy break in a very rich cake. And they look pretty. The red blends well with the rich chocolate colour.

Favourite thing to dip in coffee?
Reply 718
Milk Chocolate digestives. Love the moisty chocolatey surface afterwards.

Favrouite solero flavour?
Reply 719
Exotic, fruity and fresh! Although the pineapple juice ones ain't bad neither :wink:

FAVOURITE USE OF FRUIT IN A DINNER DISH

Quick Reply

Latest