The Student Room Group

Did I get my offer?

I am a bit confused about my offer. the problem is on the website the uni mentions that the bonus points are excluded but in my offer letter it doesn't specifically exclude the bonus points. The statement is this: a total of 36 points in the IB with a total of 18 points including a 6 in bio or chem.

I have got 35 and with bonus points it is 37. The only problem is that I have a total of 17 for my higher levels instead of 18. My teacher constantly calls the uni but no one answers the phone:frown: this is so scary:s-smilie:
Well no, you haven't made your offer but they might let you in anyway.
Reply 2
I'm sorry to say that if you had to obtain 18 points in HL and obtained 17 then I believe you did not meet your offer, although I'm not 100% sure.

Even so, I think such a small difference will most probably be overlooked :smile:

Best of luck!
Reply 3
It depends how competitive the course is you've applied for and how many of the other applicants met their offers.
Reply 4
It's medicine :frown: the head of admissions is away apparently so I have to wait for a week for them to make a decision about me. I know they have a long waiting list for medicine that's also why I am super scared.
Reply 5
Original post by doctor92
It's medicine :frown: the head of admissions is away apparently so I have to wait for a week for them to make a decision about me. I know they have a long waiting list for medicine that's also why I am super scared.

Probably won't get in then, Medicine is not only very competitive but one of the courses in the UK with the highest candidate rejections.

Did you meet the requirements for your insurance university?
Reply 6
I don't have an insurance. I really want to do medicine so I didn't even want to have one. I'll retake if I can't make it this year. But I really hope I do. I hate the stress that comes with the interviews. Seriously I got so many pimples just the night before the interview... I hope I'm lucky enough to get in.
Sorry if it's medicine you've pretty much got no chance, it's so popular. If you've got sixes in bio and chem then just reapply next year, 37 is a good score.
Reply 8
My friend didn't get the necessary points for the higher level subjects but exceeded the total amount of points needed by 2 points and she was let into medicine. Don't give up!
Original post by doctor92

Why uni? I know what you mean about the interviews !
Hopefully they may be lenient but they may also want to wait until A Level results are announced.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Lionheartat20
Why uni? I know what you mean about the interviews !
Hopefully they may be lenient but they may also want to wait until A Level results are announced.

Best of luck :smile:

Yeah, I think they are waiting for A levels cos I didn't hear anything from the university yet:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending