The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Also what are the chances of someone with an unconditional offer being allocated to halls?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1441
Original post by Dee Leigh
Does anyone have any idea when Leeds will reply back about halls accomodation?

If you have a conditional offer then it will be after results, if you have an unconditional then any time between the 16th July and the 1st August :smile:

I think the chances are just the same. I heard that they have a section reserved in each accommodation for unconditionals, so that it's fair to the conditional people too.
Also what are the chances of someone with an unconditional offer being allocated to halls?

Rhian's right - it's the same chance for everyone. Your chance of being allocated to your preference depends on 2 things alone - what your preference is, and how many other people have applied for it.
So your chances are lower if you pick Charles Morris, Henry Price, James Baillie and (probably) Central Village and higher if you pick Oxley, Lupton, Clarence Dock.
Did any other School of English people get a peer mentoring letter? What are people thinking about this? xx
Original post by holly6946
Did any other School of English people get a peer mentoring letter? What are people thinking about this? xx

I'm going to be a mentor :h:
I think I replied on the other thread but I am going to sign up as a mentee :biggrin: Atm I am more concerned about if I got the grades or not.....

16th August - *shudders*
Original post by Muffinz
I'm going to be a mentor :h:

And from reading your posts over the last year or so (and your freshers blog), I think you'll be a very good one:smile:
Original post by accomoffice
And from reading your posts over the last year or so (and your freshers blog), I think you'll be a very good one:smile:

D'awww! Thank you :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Hannah39
I have an offer for biological sciences, need AAB ... predicted AAA but that's not gonna happen, ABB more likely, just hoping they'll let me in anyway! And I've applied for Charles Morris hall :smile:

Hey :smile: yeah I've firmed Leeds for Medical Sciences and my offer's ABB but it's touch and go with chemistry at the moment :') can only wait and I've applied for Charles Morris to :biggrin: how are you feeling for the 16th? (dom dom doommmm) :P
Firmed for Arabic and Mandarin, applied for Liberty Dock, used to be Clarence Dock :L CAN'T WAIT. Anyone else doing Arabic and Mandarin? Apparently only like 5 people applied for it :tongue: offer's ABB but I'm on AAB atm so should be fine xD I apologise in advance for my laugh.
firmed for medicinal chemistry, really REALLY hope i get charles morris, more specifically storm jameson :daydreaming:
Has anyone got a reply back for accomodation?
Has anyone got a reply back for accomodation?

A lot of unconditional people will hear tomorrow and then the rest early next week.
A lot of unconditional people will hear tomorrow and then the rest early next week.

Ok thanks

By the way, when does the term start (including Freshers Week) ?

Also I am confused. So I pay for my deposit from the moment I accept the offer, or from the 27th of August?

I have an unconditional offer by the way.
Also I am confused. So I pay for my deposit from the moment I accept the offer, or from the 27th of August?

I have an unconditional offer by the way.

You pay the deposit when you accept the offer (within 7 days of the original offer email). Then on the 27th, you can select how to pay the rent (i.e whether you're going to pay in installments and by direct debit or card etc) and you can also do the eIntro which will give you useful information and you can also book an arrival slot. The reason is that, at the moment, you're an "applicant" and on the 27th (or thereabouts) the system rolls over your records and you become a "student". That gives you access to the Portal (which is from where the eIntro can be accessed) and also means that you now have a financial record with the university so you can set up your installment plan.
Hope that makes sense (and isn't too much information for a Sunday afternoon!)

And to answer your previous question, Freshers week starts from Monday 17th (with everything at the Students Union being open on the Sunday evening). Teaching starts on 24th, but during Freshers Week, you'll usually have to attend some things in your department as well as completing our registration by getting your student card etc. and picking electives if your course allows some and if you haven't already done so online.
Accommodation contracts start on 8th, the 12th, the 15th or the 16th depending on where you'll be living. But most people don't arrive until the weekend of 15th/16th as there's nothing really going on before then.
You pay the deposit when you accept the offer (within 7 days of the original offer email). Then on the 27th, you can select how to pay the rent (i.e whether you're going to pay in installments and by direct debit or card etc) and you can also do the eIntro which will give you useful information and you can also book an arrival slot. The reason is that, at the moment, you're an "applicant" and on the 27th (or thereabouts) the system rolls over your records and you become a "student". That gives you access to the Portal (which is from where the eIntro can be accessed) and also means that you now have a financial record with the university so you can set up your installment plan.
Hope that makes sense (and isn't too much information for a Sunday afternoon!)

And to answer your previous question, Freshers week starts from Monday 17th (with everything at the Students Union being open on the Sunday evening). Teaching starts on 24th, but during Freshers Week, you'll usually have to attend some things in your department as well as completing our registration by getting your student card etc. and picking electives if your course allows some and if you haven't already done so online.
Accommodation contracts start on 8th, the 12th, the 15th or the 16th depending on where you'll be living. But most people don't arrive until the weekend of 15th/16th as there's nothing really going on before then.

Ok thanks for the info.

When do I pay the £10.00 fee paid to the Residents Committee for social activities??
Ok thanks for the info.

When do I pay the £10.00 fee paid to the Residents Committee for social activities??

That gets added in to your rent so if you're paying your rent by 3 installments (for example), you'll pay £3.33 extra in each (well, the first one will probably be £3.34 but you get what I mean :smile: )
Reply 1458
Original post by Samperrins94
Firmed for Arabic and Mandarin, applied for Liberty Dock, used to be Clarence Dock :L CAN'T WAIT. Anyone else doing Arabic and Mandarin? Apparently only like 5 people applied for it :tongue: offer's ABB but I'm on AAB atm so should be fine xD I apologise in advance for my laugh.

Hi,
I have already been given my accommodation for Liberty Dock.
Firmed for Spanish, applied for accommodation for Liberty Dock :smile: My offer's ACC, I'm quite concerned about getting the A but hopefully it will all be ok!

Quick Reply

Latest