The Student Room Group

Can I get my student finance early?

I'm struggling with money at the moment. My landlords at uni makes us pay over the summer and £390 is going to them each month starting from 1st July, I have a contract with vodafone, my own car that I pay insurance for monthly and I pay for my own petrol. On top of this I had my car serviced and MOTd which was another £150.

I do have a job and I get a bit of money from my dad each month (parents separated), but I'm finding I'm having to resort to borrowing money from Wonga.com each month, as my overdraft and student credit card are maxed out.

But I get £1927.07 maintenance loan in October and my dad's money each month, which will leave me with £1340 for October - December. As I'm struggling now, I feel it would be so much easier to receive my loan now and use it to pay the rent for the summer months, insteading of really struggling at the moment and then swimming in money come October!! Do you think I'd be able to ask to receive it now, or is that just a big NO
Reply 1
Nope! Best if you had applied to your uni's hardship fund and at also find a part time job ( if you haven't done so already). :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Afraid not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending