The Student Room Group

Can you apply for Art Foundation AND English deferred entry at the same time?

Hi, I just joined the student room and I really need some advice! I'm definitely applying for an art foundation (1 year), and want to later take that onto an art degree at college, but my parents want me to apply at the same time for an English deferred entry in case I don't enjoy foundation, and decide to study English afterward. Is this possible? :confused: I know application for art foundation is not through UCAS, but English is.
If I apply for English deferred entry through UCAS and get the grades - will I then be able to do my foundation and apply later through ucas for art college and cancel my english entry? If I do that, would I have to pay a fee or restart the process?
I hope this makes sense.
Any advice appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Yes you can apply for both. You can withdraw from your English offers and apply for Art instead, you will need to contact the unis you make firm and insurance to do this. Then you will have to reapply again, paying for the UCAS application to be sent off again.
You apply for art foundation courses directly to the individual colleges, not via Ucas, (unless it's a Scottish university where the first year of the 4 years is counted as a foundation) because it is classed as further education rather than higher education. (The distinction is important and has repercussions for student finance as it doesn't entitle you to a loan and is free if you are under 19.) You would apply for an English degree through Ucas, so there is no conflict here.
Reply 3
Original post by Shelly_x
Yes you can apply for both. You can withdraw from your English offers and apply for Art instead, you will need to contact the unis you make firm and insurance to do this. Then you will have to reapply again, paying for the UCAS application to be sent off again.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending