The Student Room Group

(2012) Clearly some extremists are doing some planning - Al Quaeda terror suspect..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
An employee for security firm G4S has told Sky News he believes there is a 50-50 chance someone could carry a bomb into one of the Olympic venues.

The man, who was involved in training employees for the company, alleges that because of the pressure to recruit staff corners have been cut and some of the staff are not up to the job.

The employee, whose identity Sky News is not revealing, said there is a "no fail" policy for security staff and all recruits passed the course regardless of how competent they were.

Staff members - who had received two days of intensive training operating X-ray machines to detect lethal weapons and explosives - failed to spot decommissioned hand-grenades and firearms during a test.

http://news.sky.com/story/959450/whistleblowers-olympic-security-warning

Just saw this news story on Sky News, pretty shocking.
Reply 22
Original post by NutterFrutter

Yeh and the government had decided to throw in another 3.5k troops.

Why don't we just have a massive millitary parade instead.
Reply 23
Original post by Darkphilosopher
I'm getting a bit paranoid now as I'm going to see the mens 100m. I really do hope nothing bad happens :s-smilie:

Either way, I'll be wearing this when I go;

Dude, I wouldnt worry about it. In America, you are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack. The statistics for the UK is probably not that far off.

Go enjoy yourself.
It would be far easier to attack something in London not part of the games but during the games than attempt to attack the games themselves.

The thing that will protect us during the games will the intelligence services not random bag checks.
Original post by NutterFrutter

Yep, just saw it now too. (Lol, made another thread).

G4S's shambolic 'planning' and 'admin' just gets worse.
Reply 26
Lol ww3, you've been playing too much call of duty mate
The closest event to me is the sailing at Weymouth and Portland (which is still a good 30 miles away), so unless 'terrorists' have access to a bucketload of caravels I think I'll be alright.
Reply 28
Isn't Al-Qaeda now being run by the West, a bit like the CIA's terrorist group?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3340165/ns/world_news-brave_new_world/t/airlift-evil/
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending